Farmleigh House44 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Ireland, Farmleigh, White's Rd, Dublin 15, Ireland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +353-18155900
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Estate, Family And Kids, Architecture
Covering an area of 78 acres, Farmleigh is a huge estate that was developed as an accommodation for visiting dignitaries and for the recreation of the general public. A visit to this estate will remind you of the Edwardian period and aura. There is a kind of eclecticism that defines this estate as it combines a variety of architectural designs and decors. This house was initially built by Edward Cecil Guinness, the first Earl of Iveagh, the great-grandson of Arthur Guinness. Even till today, you can see a lot of artworks and furnishings available in the home. Around this home are picturesque walled gardens, scenic lakeside walks bordered by range of beautiful plants that offer a visual treat.
Farmleigh House Travel Tips
- Other contact No. +353 8155981
- Photography / Video not allowed in the House or the Gallery.
- No commercial Photography/Video allowed in House or Grounds.
- Access to the house is through guided tour only.
Entrance Ticket Details For Farmleigh House
- Entry is free.
- Guided tours available and tickets are available on first-come-first-served basis.
Farmleigh House Hours
- Last admission at 5:00pm.
- There are guided tours of the house every day. Tours run every hour from 10.15 am to 4.15 pm and last approximately forty-five minutes.
How to Reach Farmleigh House
- By Train Station: Dublin Heuston
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dublin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dublin and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.34% of people who visit Dublin include Farmleigh House in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
75% of people start their Farmleigh House visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Farmleigh House
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Farmleigh House