- Address: County Wicklow, Ireland, Dublin
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, View Point, Tower, Valley, Picnic Spot, Cathedral , Nature
Glendalough is a famous valley in Ireland. The valley is very romantic place well known for the scenic beauty all around it. The waterfalls, natural vegetation, birds, animals al add to the beauty of the place. Due to this, the place has been a very popular tourist spot for years. The valley is also home to many famous buildings like the Round Tower, the Cathedral, the Priest’s House, St. Mary’s Church and many more. The Gateway is a building which has two floors and a roof made of wood. St Kavin’s Church is quite popular in the valley and was built entirely in stone.
Besides this, the glendalough is home to the best of nature’s bounty. Cuckoo, Woodpecker, Redstart etc. are some of the many bird species the tourists will be able to see. The place is very popular with the locals. It has become a very popular picnic spot for Dubliners. The fresh air is a definite plus. National Parks, like the Wicklow Mountain National Park have been set up to aid the animals. Guides from the surrounding area can guide the tourists throughout the valley. The best part is that The valley is connected to the main city with the proper transport system.
Glendalough Travel Tips
- This place has numerous relics, ruins and other places of interest. Hence, people are advised to take their time exploring the area.
- From May 1st until September 30th the office is open every day from 10am to 5.30pm.
- From October 1st until October 31st the office is open on weekends only from 10am to 5.30pm.
- From November 1st until January 31st the office is open on weekends* from 10am to 4pm.
- From February 1st until April 30th the office is open on weekends* from 10am to 5.30pm.
- The Office also opens during the local school holidays for Christmas and Easter.
How to Reach Glendalough
- Glendaloch bus; Tickets costs 20 EUR.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dublin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dublin and book an accommodation of your choice.
23.79% of people who visit Dublin include Glendalough in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
48.98% of people start their Glendalough visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Glendalough
92.4% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Glendalough