Leinster House85 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kildare St, Dublin 2, Ireland Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 09:30 pm Details
- Phone: +353-16183000
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Leinster House is an imposing structures in Dublin that is known for its historicity and beautiful architecture. Originally known as Kildare House after the name of James Fitzgerald who commissioned it to be built between 1745-47, this building reflects stateliness of a Georgian mansion. On becoming the Duke of Leinster in 1776 (Dublin and Kildare are in the province of Leinster) the house was renamed as Leinster House, a name which is carried forward till today. After 1922, this building served as the parliament building of the Republic of Ireland. Do visit this beautiful building to imagine a stately past.
Leinster House Travel Tips
- You must carry identification - a photo ID is best, for example, a driver’s licence, passport, or national ID card.
Entrance Ticket Details For Leinster House
- Walking tours available. Refer official website.
Leinster House Hours
- Walk-up tours of Leinster House are available on Mondays and Fridays (if the House is not sitting) at 10.30 am and 2.30 pm. Each tour is limited to the first 30 people who have booked a place or who arrive to the Kildare St gate.
How to Reach Leinster House
- By Bus station: Dublin City South, Kildare Street.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dublin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dublin and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Leinster House Address: Kildare St, Dublin 2, Ireland
- Leinster House Contact Number: +353-16183000
- Leinster House Timing: 08:00 am - 09:30 pm
- Time required to visit Leinster House: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.67% of people who visit Dublin include Leinster House in their plan
95% of people start their Leinster House visit around 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Leinster House
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Leinster House
People normally club together Whitefriar Street Carmelite Church and 40 Foot while planning their visit to Leinster House.