The most southerly city in Croatia often called the “jewel of the Adriatic” and has won the hearts of many, including George Bernard Shaw. The city is bustling with a lively café culture, radiant nightlife, history, an the International Film Festival in the beginning of October. Off it’s coast lie some stunning islands, largely untouched by man. But its carefree atmosphere belies it’s super turbulent history. Most famous for it’s near-impregnable medieval time walls, the city has faced much destruction, most prominently in the 1667 Earthquake, when nearly everything important was destroyed. The city again took great damage in the Croatian war of independence in the 90s. Despite it all, it has persevered magnificently with almost the entirety of its culture and spirit intact, its minorities held in favour and it’s treasures held with pride.
Essential travel information and Dubrovnik tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC +1.00
- Currency: Kuna
- Electricity: 220 volts, 50 cycles
- Internet: Wi-Fi is not openly available yet so it is best to purchase a local SIM for your data needs. You will find a lot of internet cafes in the city.
- Languages: Croatian, English
- Security: Emergency Contact: 112
- Dubrovnik Tourist Office: 0038520312011
- Tipping: optional, you can tip as per your wish
- The streets of Dubrovnik can often be slippery, so it is best to be careful when walking around town.
- Beware of pickpockets.
- It is best to book your trip in advance if you are visiting in summer.
- If you are driving, Croatian laws state that you must have your headlights on during daytime in winter. In summer, they can be switched off during daylight.
Dubrovnik Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Dubrovnik. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Dubrovnik trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Dubrovnik
Save 10%Game of Thrones Tour with Karaka Cruise and Dubrovnik Walking Tour
2 Hrs 15 Mins59 Reviews
Save 8%Mostar and Kravice Waterfalls Small-Group with Turkish House Included
10 Hrs152 Reviews
Save 10%Bosnia and Herzegovina Day Trip Including Medjugorje and Mostar
11 Hrs543 Reviews
Save 8%Adventure Dalmatia - Dubrovnik Sea Kayaking and Snorkeling Tour
3 Hrs31 Reviews
Save 8%Dubrovnik Sea Kayak and Snorkeling Small-Group Tour
3 Hrs155 Reviews
Save 7%Montenegro Day Trip from Dubrovnik
13 Hrs479 Reviews