Ancient City WallsCurrently Open
- Address: Placa ulica 32, just inside Pile Gate, to the left., Dubrovnik 20000, Croatia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +38520-324641
- Ticket Price: 90 HRK
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, View Point, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Medieval Dubrovnik took its defences super seriously. How seriously you ask? Well, imagine you were buying a new city defence online, and you wanted to pimp that armour up! This is what the Dubrovnik City Wall feature page would look like
- 2 km long
- A maximum height of 25 metres
- Double lined
- 17 towers (including Minceta Tower, St. Luke’s Tower)
- 1 fortress (St. John’s Fortress)
- 2 sub-fortifications (including Fort Bokar)
- 5 bastions
- A moat armed with 120 cannons
- Never successfully invaded during the Medieval Ages
- Land and sea gates
- An ancient harbour (with the Kase Jetty)
- 5 gates: Two sea (Ponte and Fishmarket); and three land (Pila, Ploca and Bluza)
- Bonus Feature: More accessible than the Great Wall Of China
Who wouldn’t buy this?! Keep your camera ready, because everything is spectacular, especially the view of Dubrovnik’s red roof’s and the Adriatic’s sparkling blue waters!
Ancient City Walls Travel Tips
- If you’re leaving the wall premises with an intention to re-enter with the same ticket, you must be back within half hour. The ticket is stamped with the time as you leave.
- Take your own water bottle; it’s very expensive on site.
- Initial climb can be daunting to the physically unfit.
- You’ll find toilets halfway through the walks.
- Visit 2 – 3 hours before closing to avoid the crowds.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ancient City Walls
- HRK 30 for 5 to 18 year olds.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dubrovnik before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dubrovnik and book an accommodation of your choice.
94.62% of people who visit Dubrovnik include Ancient City Walls in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
67.51% of people start their Ancient City Walls visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Ancient City Walls
57.38% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ancient City Walls