Ancient City Walls, Dubrovnik
About Ancient City Walls, Dubrovnik
Ancient City Walls, Dubrovnik - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Placa ulica 32, just inside Pile Gate, to the left., Dubrovnik 20000, Croatia
Ticket Price: 90 HRK
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 31.1K times in trip plans
Landmark, View Point, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Medieval Dubrovnik took its defences super seriously. How seriously you ask? Well, imagine you were buying a new city defence online, and you wanted to pimp that armour up! This is what the Dubrovnik City Wall feature page would look like
- 2 km long
- A maximum height of 25 metres
- Double lined
- 17 towers (including Minceta Tower, St. Luke’s Tower)
- 1 fortress (St. John’s Fortress)
- 2 sub-fortifications (including Fort Bokar)
- 5 bastions
- A moat armed with 120 cannons
- Never successfully invaded during the Medieval Ages
- Land and sea gates
- An ancient harbour (with the Kase Jetty)
- 5 gates: Two sea (Ponte and Fishmarket); and three land (Pila, Ploca and Bluza)
- Bonus Feature: More accessible than the Great Wall Of China
Who wouldn’t buy this?! Keep your camera ready, because everything is spectacular, especially the view of Dubrovnik’s red roof’s and the Adriatic’s sparkling blue waters!
Ancient City Walls Information
- If you’re leaving the wall premises with an intention to re-enter with the same ticket, you must be back within half hour. The ticket is stamped with the time as you leave.
- Take your own water bottle; it’s very expensive on site.
- Initial climb can be daunting to the physically unfit.
- You’ll find toilets halfway through the walks.
- Visit 2 – 3 hours before closing to avoid the crowds.
Ancient City Walls Ticket Prices
- HRK 30 for 5 to 18 year olds.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dubrovnik before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dubrovnik and book an accommodation of your choice.
Ancient City Walls, Dubrovnik Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik
- Hotel Lero
- Dubrovnik Escape Room
- Restaurant Panorama
- Hostel Villa Angelina Old Town Dubrovnik
- Villa Sigurata
- My Way Hostel Dubrovnik
- Dead Sea
- Dubrovnik Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Dubrovnik
- What to See in 48 Hours in Dubrovnik
- What to See in 72 Hours in Dubrovnik
- How to Spend 5 Days in Dubrovnik
- How to Spend 6 Days in Dubrovnik
- How to Spend 7 Days in Dubrovnik