Dubrovnik Cathedral733 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Općina Dubrovnik, 20000, Croatia.
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +38520-323459
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
The building you see today is te fifth cathedral built on that vary spot. The last one before current was a Romanesque building, destroyed by a massive earthquake in 1667. When it was rebuilt, they formed a Latin cross plan and large thermal windows on the upper walls, giving the whole interior a much airier feel. The current building is in Baroque style with a grand, grand dome.
- A Tritian Polyptych portraying the Assumption of the Virgin.
- A reliquary containing items from the 11th to the 18th century including a relic of the True Cross.
- The Altar of St. John of Nepomuk.
- Statue of St. Blaise.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dubrovnik before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dubrovnik and book an accommodation of your choice.
19.36% of people who visit Dubrovnik include Dubrovnik Cathedral in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
33.33% of people start their Dubrovnik Cathedral visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Dubrovnik Cathedral
61.82% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dubrovnik Cathedral