Old TownCurrently Open
- Address: Old Town, Dubrovnik., Croatia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Old Town
This precious sice of history was brutally bombed in the Croatian War of Independence in the 90s, but almost all the damage has been rectified, restoring it to it’s full medieval glory. There are just so many things to see here:
- Orlando’s Column – a flag staff dedicated to the hero.
- The Belfries near the Ploce Entrance.
- The Sponza palace and it’s small historical museum and archives.
- The rector’s Palace dedicated to the city’s history.
- Placa Stradun – the central street of the city, always lively whether day or night; the main business centre and the venue for most cultural events.
- Onofrio’s Fountain – a popular young crowd hangout close by the Pile Gate.
The Old Town is altogether greater than the sum of its parts. There’s barely anything monumental to say about its individual attractions, but taken together they preserve and deliver a historical character picture of the town that shows a city that endured everything yet survived.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dubrovnik before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dubrovnik and book an accommodation of your choice.
85.07% of people who visit Dubrovnik include Old Town in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
53.83% of people start their Old Town visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Old Town
54.2% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Old Town