Are you looking for what to do in Dubrovnik?
Attractions in Dubrovnik come in sets. Nothing is special all on its own, but taken together the experience is unbeatable.
- The City Walls: Massive medieval fortifications with lots of bastions, towers and gates and fantastic views
- Cable Car: A stunning birds eye view of the city and the sea. Leads to a restaurant at the top and a museum just behind the restaurant.
- The Islands: Emeralds of green in the Adriatic. Though not strictly a part of a Dubrovnik itinerary, they can be add on itineraries to your Dubrovnik trip. They include Lokrum, Lopud, Mljet and it’s national park, Korkula, Sipan and Kolocep.
- Old Town: A collection of little historic delights mixed with some excellent food, shopping and nightlife, especially around the Stradun main street. A lot of little paths and alleys lead away from it, creating a mazelike warren to be walked.
- The Beaches: A series of small and large and pebbly and sandy beaches that are highly poplar with locals and tourists alike. Mostly around the Lapad neighbourhood.
- The Churches in Old Town: A Franciscan Monastery, a Dominican Monastery, the Dubrovnik Cathedral, a Synagogue, the Church of St. Blaise, the Church of St. Ignatius, the Church of St. Sebastian, and the Serbian Orthodox Church. Though only a few of them are really worth visiting, if you happen to run across one of the other, don’t shy away from a peek inside.
- The Museums: The main ones to see include the Jewish Museum, The Ethnographic Museum and the War Phot Museum, but the other smaller ones are cute too. Check the Franciscan Monastery Museum, , the Dubrovnik natural history Museum, the Cathedral Treasury, the Rector’s Palace museum, the Maritime Museum and the Sponza Palace Museum.
- The beaches: Aside from the beaches on the lovely islands, check out the Lapad Beach (the most popular one in town) and Banje Beach (lots of sports).
Below we have a list of things to do in Dubrovnik and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Dubrovnik getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Dubrovnik with confidence.