How to Reach Dunedin - The Easiest Way to Reach Dunedin
- By Air: Flights to the city disembark at the Dunedin International Airport.
- By Train: Many people halt at the Dunedin railway station while on local scenic trains.
- By Road: State Highway 1 passes through Dunedin and connects the city to other major New Zealand cities.
- By Cruise: Cruises to Dunedin halt at Port Chalmers. From here, a bus ride of 20 minutes will take you to Dunedin city centre.
- By Bus: Buses provide affordable transportation options for visitors to Dunedin.
- By Car: Renting a car is possible in Dunedin. Popular car rental companies are Avis, Budget, Hertz and Thrifty.
- By Taxi: Taxis in Dunedin are reasonably cheap by New Zealand standards.
Are you looking for a Dunedin travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Dunedin
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Dunedin. The most preferred mode of transport in Dunedin is Car.
Average distance: 8.51 km Average time: 21.89 min
Car 55.56%Driving 15.8 min Walking 3 min Overall average time for 12.02 kms 18.8 min
Bike 11.11%Bike 15 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 3.5 kms 17 min
Motorbike 22.22%Motorbike 10 min Overall average time for 4.5 kms 10 min
Walking 11.11%Walking 60 min Driving 6 min Overall average time for 4 kms 66 min
How to Reach Dunedin from Nearby Cities
|Timaru to Dunedin||182.33 km||3 hours 2 mins|
|Arrowtown to Dunedin||211.49 km||3 hours 31 mins|
|Queenstown to Dunedin||224.38 km||3 hours 44 mins|
|Invercargill to Dunedin||246.07 km||4 hours 6 mins|
|Lincoln to Dunedin||329.75 km||5 hours 29 mins|
|Christchurch to Dunedin||350.99 km||5 hours 50 mins|
|Nelson to Dunedin||592.49 km||9 hours 52 mins|
|Wellington to Dunedin||693.55 km||11 hours 33 mins|
|Porirua to Dunedin||710.76 km||11 hours 50 mins|
|Tirau to Dunedin||1048.48 km||17 hours 28 mins|