How to Reach Dunedin
The Easiest Way to Reach Dunedin
- By Air: Flights to the city disembark at the Dunedin International Airport.
- By Train: Many people halt at the Dunedin railway station while on local scenic trains.
- By Road: State Highway 1 passes through Dunedin and connects the city to other major New Zealand cities.
- By Cruise: Cruises to Dunedin halt at Port Chalmers. From here, a bus ride of 20 minutes will take you to Dunedin city centre.
- By Bus: Buses provide affordable transportation options for visitors to Dunedin.
- By Car: Renting a car is possible in Dunedin. Popular car rental companies are Avis, Budget, Hertz and Thrifty.
- By Taxi: Taxis in Dunedin are reasonably cheap by New Zealand standards.
Modes of Transportation in Dunedin
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Dunedin. The most preferred mode of transport in Dunedin is Car.
Average distance: 5.72 km Average time: 13.2 min
Car 80%Driving 11 min Walking 1.25 min Overall average time for 6.28 kms 12.25 min
Bike 20%Bike 15 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 3.5 kms 17 min