Otago Museum346 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 419 Great King Street, Dunedin 9016, Dunedin 9059, New Zealand Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +64-34747474
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Museums, Family And Kids, Photo Gallery, Exhibition , Specialty Museums
Spread across 7 galleries, the Otago Museum is an interesting and fun place to visit with your family. On display are extraordinary treasures and inspirational exhibits. The seven galleries are bifurcated into Southern People, Nature Gallery, Maritime Gallery, People of the World and Pacific Cultures, Animal Attic, Tropical Forest and H D Skinner Annex. Within the Tropical Forest is a live butterfly rainforest experience as well.
Otago Museum Travel Tips
- Children 14 years and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Entrance Ticket Details For Otago Museum
- Entry to museum is free.
- Charges may apply to special exhibitions.
- Entry fees apply for Tropical Forest: Adults- $10, Children (2-15)- $5, Students and Seniors (ID required)- $9.
- 1 adult+3 children- $21, 2 adults+2 children- $25.
How to Reach Otago Museum
- Otago Museum bus stop
- Cumberland street 594 bus stop
- George Street 504 bus stop
- Otago Museum Cafe
- Picnic tables at the Atrium
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dunedin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dunedin and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Otago Museum Address: 419 Great King Street, Dunedin 9016, Dunedin 9059, New Zealand
- Otago Museum Contact Number: +64-34747474
- Otago Museum Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Otago Museum(preferred time): 10:00 am - 03:30 pm
- Time required to visit Otago Museum: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
29.7% of people who visit Dunedin include Otago Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
54.55% of people start their Otago Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Otago Museum
88% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Otago Museum
People normally club together Olveston House And Gardens and Dunedin Botanic Garden while planning their visit to Otago Museum.