Nestled at the foot of Taiaroa Head, the Royal Albatross Centre is a must see if you want to know more about the elusive bird. If you are not a bird watcher and don’t know much about the Albatross, don’t worry, at the beginning of the tour, Sir David Attenborough’s voice gives you an introduction to the Royal Albatross. Near the entrance to the Centre is a carved pole, the Poutokomanawa, which tells the story of the Maori people. A short walk from the Centre takes you to the Observatory from where one can see the Albatross. At the end of the tour, wander through the McMillan Gallery and learn more of the history and wildlife of the area.
- Tour Ticket Prices- Unique Taiaroa Tour: Adult- $50, Children- $20, Family- $125.
- Albatross Classic Tour: Adult- $4, Children- $20, Family- $100.
- Fort Taiaroa: Adult- $20, Children- $10, Family- $50.
- Bus stops on Harrington Point Road. From there, a 20 minutes’ walk to the Centre.
- Hiring a taxi is recommended.
- Albatross Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dunedin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dunedin and book an accommodation of your choice.
60.98% of people who visit Dunedin include The Royal Albatross Centre in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
51.35% of people start their The Royal Albatross Centre visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Royal Albatross Centre
91.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Royal Albatross Centre