The Royal Albatross CentreCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: 1260 Harington Point Road, New Zealand, Dunedin
- Timings: 11:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +64-34780499
- Ticket Price: 5 NZD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Wildlife Sanctuary , Family And Kids, Nature
The Royal Albatross Centre - Review
Nestled at the foot of Taiaroa Head, the Royal Albatross Centre is a must see if you want to know more about the elusive bird. If you are not a bird watcher and don’t know much about the Albatross, don’t worry, at the beginning of the tour, Sir David Attenborough’s voice gives you an introduction to the Royal Albatross. Near the entrance to the Centre is a carved pole, the Poutokomanawa, which tells the story of the Maori people. A short walk from the Centre takes you to the Observatory from where one can see the Albatross. At the end of the tour, wander through the McMillan Gallery and learn more of the history and wildlife of the area.
The Royal Albatross Centre Ticket Prices
- Tour Ticket Prices- Unique Taiaroa Tour: Adult- $50, Children- $20, Family- $125.
- Albatross Classic Tour: Adult- $4, Children- $20, Family- $100.
- Fort Taiaroa: Adult- $20, Children- $10, Family- $50.
How To reach The Royal Albatross Centre by Public Transport
- Bus stops on Harrington Point Road. From there, a 20 minutes’ walk to the Centre.
- Hiring a taxi is recommended.
Restaurants Near The Royal Albatross Centre
- Albatross Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dunedin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dunedin and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting The Royal Albatross Centre
95% of people who visit Dunedin include The Royal Albatross Centre in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
46.41% of people start their The Royal Albatross Centre visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Royal Albatross Centre
94.49% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Royal Albatross Centre