The Royal Albatross Centre, Dunedin
About The Royal Albatross Centre, Dunedin
The Royal Albatross Centre, Dunedin - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1260 Harington Point Road, New Zealand
Ticket Price: 5 NZD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 11:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 4.2K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Wildlife Sanctuary , Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Nestled at the foot of Taiaroa Head, the Royal Albatross Centre is a must see if you want to know more about the elusive bird. If you are not a bird watcher and don’t know much about the Albatross, don’t worry, at the beginning of the tour, Sir David Attenborough’s voice gives you an introduction to the Royal Albatross. Near the entrance to the Centre is a carved pole, the Poutokomanawa, which tells the story of the Maori people. A short walk from the Centre takes you to the Observatory from where one can see the Albatross. At the end of the tour, wander through the McMillan Gallery and learn more of the history and wildlife of the area.
The Royal Albatross Centre Ticket Prices
- Tour Ticket Prices- Unique Taiaroa Tour: Adult- $50, Children- $20, Family- $125.
- Albatross Classic Tour: Adult- $4, Children- $20, Family- $100.
- Fort Taiaroa: Adult- $20, Children- $10, Family- $50.
How To reach The Royal Albatross Centre by Public Transport
- Bus stops on Harrington Point Road. From there, a 20 minutes’ walk to the Centre.
- Hiring a taxi is recommended.
Restaurants Near The Royal Albatross Centre
- Albatross Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dunedin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dunedin and book an accommodation of your choice.
The Royal Albatross Centre, Dunedin Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Fortune Theatre
- Larnach Castle
- Forsyth Barr Stadium
- Izakaya Yuki
- Taieri Gorge Railway
- 461 South Rd
- Kent Street
- Dunedin Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Dunedin
- What to See in 48 Hours in Dunedin
- What to See in 72 Hours in Dunedin
- How to Spend 5 Days in Dunedin
- How to Spend 6 Days in Dunedin
- How to Spend 7 Days in Dunedin