Are you looking for what to do in Dunedin?
WHAT TO SEE
Dunedin attractions are aplenty and range from family friendly to most romantic in the world! The things to do in Dunedin and must visit places are:
- Larnach Castle and Gardens: Built in the year 1871 by William Larnach for his beloved first wife Eliza, the Larnach Castle is New Zealand’s only castle. It is a majestic and magnificent piece of architecture.
- Dunedin Railway Station: The most photographed building in Dunedin, the Railway station was designed in a fashionable and highly expensive Edwardian Baroque style.
- Tunnel Beach: Called the most romantic spot in Dunedin, head over to the Tunnel Beach and explore sea-carved sandstone cliffs, rock arches and caves.
- Baldwin Street: A novel and unique tourist attraction, the Baldwin Street is recognized by Guinness Book of Records as the steepest street in the world!
- Olveston House and Gardens: At the Olveston House, visitors get to see how the life of a wealthy merchant family in the early part of the twentieth century used to be.
Other attractions in Dunedin are Speight’s Brewery, St. Paul’s Cathedral, St. Clair Beach and Salt water pool, Cadbury World, Dunedin Botanic Garden and the Dunedin Chinese Garden. Dunedin museums include the Toitu Otago Settlers Museum and the Otago Museum.
Below we have a list of things to do in Dunedin and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Dunedin getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Dunedin with confidence.