A visit to United Kingdom, the country of cottages is incomplete without having a holiday at Isle of Skye’s heavenly town called Dunvegan. Situated in Scotland, this beautiful islet is a perfect representative of the classic Scottish environment and simplicity that could touch the senses of anyone. Green pastures, gentle fresh breeze, bleating of the sheep and soft tinkling of the house door bells- a perfect getaway from the daily humdrum of life. Dunvegan settings can remind anyone of the bedtime stories about princes and princesses, majestic castles and royal living. You can still experience the bygone royalty in Dunvegan Castle and gardens where you can find heaps of stories related to the famous Macleod clan and the lifestyle that prevailed at that time, their arms and weapons hung proudly on the castle walls.
Rush to this amusing pastoral country side and soak in nature’s unlimited essence. Do add Dunvegan to your Isle of Skye itinerary.
Essential travel information and Dunvegan tips for your visit
- Do carry rubber boots as some roads are wet and muddy.
- Reservation for hotel rooms prior to journey is recommended.
- Please don’t manhandle any of the properties at museums and castle.
- Passport is needed to be shown as identity proof while check-in and check-out.
- Keep warm clothes as necessary.