Dunvegan Castle And GardensCurrently Closed
- Address: MacLeod Estate, Dunvegan House, Dunvegan, Isle of Skye IV55 8WF, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1470521206
- Ticket Price: 11 GBP
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Step on the lands of this majestically constructed palace of Dunvegan and find yourselves be drawn in the lanes of history; in the era of knights, kings and royalty. This huge estate is a legacy of the heads of MacLeod, of the famous MacLeod clan of Isle of Skye and still continues to be their property. The beautiful gardens situated near the castle are constructed into different styles as round garden, the walled garden and so on. The interiors of the castle are exquisitely furnished with the royal furniture and walls studded with the pictures of MacLeod ancestry, their valuables and weapons could charm anyone. The nearby vicinities include-
- Dunvegan two churches’ walk
- Seals at Loch Bay
- St. Kilda’s shop and gallery
- Wheel chair and baby stroller accessible only till the first floor.
- Special rooms for taking care of baby needs.
- Be careful with the doors while entering in the royal kitchen.
- Do taste some of the Scottish cuisine at the cafes operating nearby.
- Price for seal boat trips is to be paid near the pier itself.
- While you are standing in a castle; propose to your beloved there in a fairy tale manner!
- Adult: £11.00
- Children(between 5-15 years): £8.00
- Senior citizens: £9.00
- Family: £29.00
- Opens from 1st April till 15th October every year.
- From 16th October to March- opens only for groups in weekdays only; appointment required.
- At Castle is the nearest bus stop to the place.
- Hire a taxi.
- Reach the place on foot or on a bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dunvegan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dunvegan and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Dunvegan include Dunvegan Castle And Gardens in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
75% of people start their Dunvegan Castle And Gardens visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Dunvegan Castle And Gardens
93.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dunvegan Castle And Gardens
Nice and modern looking castle with plenty of historical artifacts and antiques inside. Film on the history of the MacLeod clan is also playing in a back room. Few good spots for photos of the castle. Top floor is prohibited for public access. 4 or 5 different gardens to wander through to the left side of the castle which are beautifully landscaped. All for £14.
Whether it's Seal watching, beautifully landscaped gardens or a bit of history you're after this is the place. Or, y'know, if you got Storyteller as a kid and remember the story of the Fairy Flag then you may want to come here and see THE REAL FLAG ITSELF! I cried with happiness, I am not ashamed of that 😊
gardens are the real winner here. The walled + round garden especially are magnificent with some excellent rhodedendroms in both. The castle is fairly small but has some interesting exhibits.
Dunvegan Castle and Gardens makes for a wonderful day out and we loved every minute of it! We did the seal trips: the guide was extremely informative and we loved seeing the seals up close. The gardens were well maintained and absolutely stunning. The castle itself was a great experience. There is plenty of information about the stately home and the history of the MacLeod clan! Overall, a great trip!
We were very fortunate with the weather, it was a beautiful day... The castle is not the most picturesque I have seen from the outside, there are certainly more pleasing to the eye.. The history, ancient and recent is truly fascinating, and the gardens are beautiful, all of the in their own styles.. from walled gardens, to gardens with great waterfalls.. A lovely day out, and well worth the visit..