Dunvegan Castle And GardensCurrently Closed
- Address: MacLeod Estate, Dunvegan House, Dunvegan, Isle of Skye IV55 8WF, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1470521206
- Ticket Price: 11 GBP
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Dunvegan Castle And Gardens - Review
Step on the lands of this majestically constructed palace of Dunvegan and find yourselves be drawn in the lanes of history; in the era of knights, kings and royalty. This huge estate is a legacy of the heads of MacLeod, of the famous MacLeod clan of Isle of Skye and still continues to be their property. The beautiful gardens situated near the castle are constructed into different styles as round garden, the walled garden and so on. The interiors of the castle are exquisitely furnished with the royal furniture and walls studded with the pictures of MacLeod ancestry, their valuables and weapons could charm anyone. The nearby vicinities include-
- Dunvegan two churches’ walk
- Seals at Loch Bay
- St. Kilda’s shop and gallery
Dunvegan Castle And Gardens Information
- Wheel chair and baby stroller accessible only till the first floor.
- Special rooms for taking care of baby needs.
- Be careful with the doors while entering in the royal kitchen.
- Do taste some of the Scottish cuisine at the cafes operating nearby.
- Price for seal boat trips is to be paid near the pier itself.
- While you are standing in a castle; propose to your beloved there in a fairy tale manner!
Dunvegan Castle And Gardens Ticket Prices
- Adult: £11.00
- Children(between 5-15 years): £8.00
- Senior citizens: £9.00
- Family: £29.00
Dunvegan Castle And Gardens Opening and Closing Hours
- Opens from 1st April till 15th October every year.
- From 16th October to March- opens only for groups in weekdays only; appointment required.
How To reach Dunvegan Castle And Gardens by Public Transport
- At Castle is the nearest bus stop to the place.
- Hire a taxi.
- Reach the place on foot or on a bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dunvegan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dunvegan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Dunvegan Castle And Gardens
95% of people who visit Dunvegan include Dunvegan Castle And Gardens in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
74.01% of people start their Dunvegan Castle And Gardens visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Dunvegan Castle And Gardens
94.78% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dunvegan Castle And Gardens
Dunvegan Castle And Gardens Map
Dunvegan Castle And Gardens Trips
1 View12 Days 11 Nights12 Day Trip to Edinburgh, Isle Of Skye, Portree, IBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Edinburgh, Isle Of Skye, Portree, Inverness, Oban
Dunvegan Castle And Gardens, Dunvegan Reviews
Stunning place very over priced though. £14 to go and see the castle and £12 if you want to just walk round the garden. Try walking along the road next to the car park its a fair walk about 4 miles but an easy walk. It leads you to Coral beach it is stunning there. Very difficult to get parked as folk dump their cars all over.
A well preserved old castle with a nice ocean view here on the northern part of Isle of Skye. One of many nice old castles and keeps that I passed by during my roadtrip, in England, Wales and Scotland back in 2001, that I took time to visit and enjoyed exploring. Many still in good condition and maintained, both small ones and other massive.
The Dunvegan Castle website lists a campsite called Glenbrittle Campsite, and represents it as being nearby, this however is untrue as it is a 28 mile - 54 minutes drive from the castle. Visitors beware especially when your better half is doing the navigation and arrangements; for this can lead to some typical discord. Just because it is on the net doesn't make it the truth. Dunvegan, however is a pleasant place, drive right past the castle and find a spot down the road where meets the shoreline, take a walk on the water's edge, take some photos of the castle, enjoy the view and save the entrance fees.
A bit pricy. There is not much to see inside the castle. Gardens are great and well maintained! For an additional fee you can take a boat trip from the pier to see sea-lions. (I think the boat trip is run by a different company)
Great castle and amazing boat trip Really interesting inside the castle, well worth a proper look around. The gardens were not in season yet but I’m sure they will be lovely in the summer. The highlight was the boat trip to see the seals - amazing!
All QuestionsDunvegan castle and gardens
- Estudio De Arte Moreno
- Polideportivo Muncipal De Santa Fe
- Casa De La Cultura
- Biblioteca Municipal De Santa Fe
- Mantas Moreno Manuel
- Al - Ándalus Carpas
- Producciones Maza
- Instituto De América - Centro Damián Bayón
- La Sanguijuela
- Santa María De Gracia
- Museo Municipal De Espera
- Ayuntamiento De Espera
- Ganaderia De Piñeiro
- Astilleros Gondan
- Camping Playa De Penarronda
Find places near Dunvegan Castle And Gardens, Dunvegan
Greenbank B&B -1.125 km away