Dunvegan Castle And Gardens, DunveganCurrently Open
- Address: MacLeod Estate, Dunvegan House, Dunvegan, Isle of Skye IV55 8WF, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1470521206
- Ticket Price: 11 GBP
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids
About Dunvegan Castle And Gardens, Dunvegan
Step on the lands of this majestically constructed palace of Dunvegan and find yourselves be drawn in the lanes of history; in the era of knights, kings and royalty. This huge estate is a legacy of the heads of MacLeod, of the famous MacLeod clan of Isle of Skye and still continues to be their property. The beautiful gardens situated near the castle are constructed into different styles as round garden, the walled garden and so on. The interiors of the castle are exquisitely furnished with the royal furniture and walls studded with the pictures of MacLeod ancestry, their valuables and weapons could charm anyone. The nearby vicinities include-
- Dunvegan two churches’ walk
- Seals at Loch Bay
- St. Kilda’s shop and gallery
Dunvegan Castle And Gardens Information
- Wheel chair and baby stroller accessible only till the first floor.
- Special rooms for taking care of baby needs.
- Be careful with the doors while entering in the royal kitchen.
- Do taste some of the Scottish cuisine at the cafes operating nearby.
- Price for seal boat trips is to be paid near the pier itself.
- While you are standing in a castle; propose to your beloved there in a fairy tale manner!
Dunvegan Castle And Gardens Ticket Prices
- Adult: £11.00
- Children(between 5-15 years): £8.00
- Senior citizens: £9.00
- Family: £29.00
Dunvegan Castle And Gardens Opening and Closing Hours
- Opens from 1st April till 15th October every year.
- From 16th October to March- opens only for groups in weekdays only; appointment required.
How To reach Dunvegan Castle And Gardens by Public Transport
- At Castle is the nearest bus stop to the place.
- Hire a taxi.
- Reach the place on foot or on a bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dunvegan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dunvegan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Dunvegan Castle And Gardens, Dunvegan Reviews
We were really lucky up in August 2017 the weather was fantastic ..we got on a boat trip behind the castle where we found lots of seals .place is so magical well looked after ❤
Highly recommend visiting this place, if you're in the area. Very beautiful and quiet. Do the boat tour and see some seals. The gardens are well maintained. I'll definitely be there again.
A nice place, a real castle sometimes the owner live here. The portraits are beautiful, not too heavy. The garden was awesome. It's more a botanical garden that only a garden. So many flowers and trees beautifully enhanced. The only reason I have not put 5 stars is the price. 13£ it's a bit too much I think
The outer look of the castle not so special, but go inside and the ornamental nature of the place comes into full view. History, old artworks, sculpture are just a few things you will see. There is a 16th century Gaelic claymore sword that caught my eye. Outside there are 3 gardens the water garden was my favourite, it had waterfalls and streams among the flowers. I had a good day.
Situated in a lovely location Dunvegan Castle is a must see if you're on holiday on Skye, the interior of the castle is lovely ( no photography in the castle ) and the gardens equally spectacular. Lots to see and do.
All Questionsdunvegan castle and gardens
Find places near Dunvegan Castle And Gardens, Dunvegan
Greenbank B&B -1.125 km away