Dunvegan Castle And Gardens1352 Votes Currently Open
- Address: MacLeod Estate, Dunvegan House, Dunvegan, Isle of Skye IV55 8WF, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1470521206
- Ticket Price: 11 GBP
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Step on the lands of this majestically constructed palace of Dunvegan and find yourselves be drawn in the lanes of history; in the era of knights, kings and royalty. This huge estate is a legacy of the heads of MacLeod, of the famous MacLeod clan of Isle of Skye and still continues to be their property. The beautiful gardens situated near the castle are constructed into different styles as round garden, the walled garden and so on. The interiors of the castle are exquisitely furnished with the royal furniture and walls studded with the pictures of MacLeod ancestry, their valuables and weapons could charm anyone. The nearby vicinities include-
- Dunvegan two churches’ walk
- Seals at Loch Bay
- St. Kilda’s shop and gallery
Dunvegan Castle And Gardens Travel Tips
- Wheel chair and baby stroller accessible only till the first floor.
- Special rooms for taking care of baby needs.
- Be careful with the doors while entering in the royal kitchen.
- Do taste some of the Scottish cuisine at the cafes operating nearby.
- Price for seal boat trips is to be paid near the pier itself.
- While you are standing in a castle; propose to your beloved there in a fairy tale manner!
Entrance Ticket Details For Dunvegan Castle And Gardens
- Adult: £11.00
- Children(between 5-15 years): £8.00
- Senior citizens: £9.00
- Family: £29.00
Dunvegan Castle And Gardens Hours
- Opens from 1st April till 15th October every year.
- From 16th October to March- opens only for groups in weekdays only; appointment required.
How to Reach Dunvegan Castle And Gardens
- At Castle is the nearest bus stop to the place.
- Hire a taxi.
- Reach the place on foot or on a bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dunvegan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dunvegan and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Dunvegan include Dunvegan Castle And Gardens in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
75% of people start their Dunvegan Castle And Gardens visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Dunvegan Castle And Gardens
93.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dunvegan Castle And Gardens
Dunvegan Castle And Gardens Reviews & Ratings
Is the price for Dunvegan still £12 as it states on their own website £14 and can I purchase a ticket from you @ £11Answer Report Abuse