Are you looking for what to do in Dunvegan?
PLACES TO SEE
- Dunvegan Castle and gardens: This huge estate is the heritage of the heads of MacLeod, the MacLeod clan of Skye and still continues to be their property. The beautiful gardens situated near the castle are constructed into various architectural styles. The place is very close to Dunvegan two churches’ walk which gives a jaw-dropping view of The MacLeod’s Table.
- Giant MacAskill Museum: This museum exhibits the personal life of Angus MacAskill and things used by him during his lifetime. Angus is known to be the tallest man in the world.
- The Croft Studio: It is a home turned studio and workshop of artists Pamela and Daisy Budge where one can see the magnificent paintings made by them. Their paintings and frameworks mainly comprise of nature landscapes and wild life, abstracts and of Celtic (Irish, Scottish Gaelic, Welsh and others) tradition.
- Colbost Croft Museum: This museum depicts a crofter’s (or farmer’s) life during the 1900s in Scotland. One can have the rustic experience at the home with kitchen tools made of stone and mud floors, chimney emitting faint smoke and flocks grazing in the back.
- St. Kilda Shop and Gallery: This store presents to its visitors a wide range of unparalleled Scottish products and has a wide range of jewelry, spun clothes, linens, cosmetics, paintings and books in an archetypal Victorian abode.
THINGS TO DO
- Boating: Enjoy boating and kayaking activities in Loch Dunvegan bay flowing nearby Dunvegan Castle. The boatmen also take visitors on sailing tours to watch the Seal homes on the other side of the bay.
- Hiking: Go on short hiking trips as Dunvegan is nestled in the lap of small hills and gives an exquisite view of the nature at its best.
- Walking tours: Claigan Coral beach and Dunvegan two churches’ walk are the famous spots for walking and enjoying nature’s activities closely. Discover the beauty of Dunvegan by taking short random walks in the town.
Below we have a list of things to do in Dunvegan and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Dunvegan getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Dunvegan with confidence.