Animas River Trail And Animas River, Durango
About Animas River Trail And Animas River, Durango
Animas River Trail And Animas River, Durango - Address
Address: Downtown Durango, Colorado.
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.5K times in trip plans
Trail, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Water Sport
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A great way to unwind in Durango is to land up on the Animas River Trail. The 7-mile long track passes through some of Durango’s most frequented tourist destinations. It is situated right alongside the gushing Animas river and yet is one of the most peaceful places in town. Many important commercial buildings in town are located near this track, so you can see may locals darting along the path to make their way to schools, offices and other business. You can also see the Durango-Silverton rail gauge at a distance from this path. The north end of this trail is at the Animas City Park at Bennett Road, while the southern end is at River Road. There are five bridges across the Animas River that lie on this trail. You can go kayaking on the river in summer. There are inner-tube floaters along the river in this season too.
Animas River Trail And Animas River Information
- Be careful to not litter the tracks.
- Do not create disturbances near private properties.
- Do not ride bikes at breakneck speed.
How To reach Animas River Trail And Animas River by Public Transport
- You can walk down from the business district or hire a car to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Durango before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Durango and book an accommodation of your choice.
Animas River Trail And Animas River, Durango Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Iron Horse Inn
- Full Blast Adventure Center
- Overend Mountain Park Hidden Valley Trailhead
- Great Sand Dunes National Park And Preserve
- Durango Koa Holiday
- Hermosa Creek Trail
- Cascade Village Hotel
- Trimble Spa And Natural Hot Springs
- Serious Texas Bar-b-q
- Hillcrest Golf Club
- Durango Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Durango
- What to See in 48 Hours in Durango
- What to See in 72 Hours in Durango
- How to Spend 5 Days in Durango
- How to Spend 6 Days in Durango
- How to Spend 7 Days in Durango