Best Time To Visit Durango
The weather is quite unpredictable in Durango. It is mostly cool thanks to the high altitude, but the sun often shines brightly. This leads to hot afternoons and cold evenings.
- Spring (March to May): This season is quite cold in Durango as the temperature ranges from -5 to 5-degrees Celsius. Snows start melting around this time, leading to fuller waterfalls and lakes. Camping season begins in these months. Overcast days and rain can be seen.
- Summer (June to August): Summer temperatures can go up to 38-degrees Celsius in Durango. The town is cloaked in warm sunshine and this is the tourist season. Expect crowds around this time.
- Autumn (September to November): Cooler weather returns to Durango in this season. The forests around town are streaked with fall colours and the camping season wraps up as the weather becomes rough. Temperatures range from 8 to 15-degrees Celsius.
- Winter (December to February): This is the harshest season in Durango. The mercury drops to as low as -19 degrees around this time. Visiting Durango for nature trails is not recommended during these months.
- 20℉ 0℉
- 10 0
Maximum rain recorded in Durango is 257.01 mm in September.
Months with no rains or lowest rains in Durango is June.
- 25 0
Most humid month in Durango is January.
Least humid month in Durango is June.
Best time to visit Durango And Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad And Museum in Durango
- Everyday : 08:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Best time to visit San Juan National Forest in Durango
- Best time to visit Historic Downtown Durango in Durango
- Best time to visit Animas River Trail And Animas River in Durango