How to Reach Durango
- By Air: Durango/ La Plata airport connects this tiny town with Denver, Phoenix, Dallas and Los Angeles. The airport is around an hour away from the main town. You can hire a car to get to Durango.
- By Car: US Highway 161 passes from Durango. Highway 550 connects this town with other towns to its north.
- On Foot/Bicycle: Downtown Durango is best explored on foot or on bicycle.
- By car: It is better to hire a car if you are visiting with your family.
- Taxis: There are taxis available for rent.
- Downtown trolley operates in the heart of the town.