Rim TrailCurrently Open
- Address: Durango, USA, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, View Point, Hiking Trail, Adventure
Being outdoors in Durango is a not a calculated choice; the town has so many things to see and explore that there is no reason for you to be inside a building. There are many trails around town for bikers and hikers. Just to the east of the historic downtown is the Rim Trail or the Campus Loop. The trail circles the campus of Fort Lewis college and climbs up a tiny hill which overlooks the town of Durango. This trail goes on for 3 miles and connects the college campus with the Lion’s Den or the Chapman Hill Trails. Throughout the trail, you will see the panoramic views of Durango Town, the Animas River and the San Juan National Forest.
Rim Trail Travel Tips
- The trail often disappears due to crossings and buildings. Stick to the bikers’ marks, they follow the original trail.
- Be careful when the trail intersects roads and the campus area.
- You may find a lot of diversions on the route. Stick to the road with the maximum markings.
How to Reach Rim Trail
- You can hire a car or a bike to get to the base.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Durango before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Durango and book an accommodation of your choice.
5.14% of people who visit Durango include Rim Trail in their plan
25% of people start their Rim Trail visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Rim Trail
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rim Trail