Kwa Muhle MuseumCurrently Open [Closes at 04:00 pm]
- Address: 130 Bram Fischer Rd, Durban 4001, South Africa
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: 27-313112237
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Museum, History Museum, Family And Kids, Photo Gallery
Kwa Muhle Museum - Review
This elegant building was once one of the world’s most reviled buildings, host to the Department of Native Affairs. From here authoritarian apartheid policies were enforced across the populace. Today the building is a museum showcasing important portraits, documents and other memorabilia of the time leading up to the apartheid era and during. The content is starkly honest, yet free of any biases. It’s that very honesty that makes its impact so powerful. It also exhibits the growth of Durban as a secular cultural hotbed since the apartheid days. Most of the displays are in video and photographic form. Tourists often comment on this strange dual nature of the museum that at once acknowledges the sins of its past yet glorifies the contribution the population has been making.
Kwa Muhle Museum Information
- There are appropriate toilet facilities for disabled and maternity bound visitors.
- Parking on-site is free.
- You may book the courtyard and Lecture Room for private events and talks.
Restaurants Near Kwa Muhle Museum
- Sandwich Baron
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Durban before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Durban and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Kwa Muhle Museum
95% of people who visit Durban include Kwa Muhle Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
34.6% of people start their Kwa Muhle Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Kwa Muhle Museum
94.24% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kwa Muhle Museum
Kwa Muhle Museum Map
Kwa Muhle Museum Trips
Kwa Muhle Museum, Durban Reviews
Heartwrenching and informative. Must see.
The Hiv museum was fantastic to follow icons in life and to see History in the making...i was very impressed and honoured to be there recently on a forum conference
Cleanest museum ever. The staff are amazing.
The place offers good facilities for group meetings of 50 and below. Centrally located and easy access to transport. A very good venue for a donation!!!
What a great experience - a walk down memory lane and a peek into the future. Not to be missed
All QuestionsKwa muhle museum
- Dom Katechetyczny
- Muzeum Im. A. Kłosińskiego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najdroższej Krwi Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka. Wikarówka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Małgorzaty I Katarzyny
- Łukasz Błaszków
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka Pw. Swiętej Małgorzaty I Świętej Katarzyny
- Dworzec Autobusowy
- Rejestracja Video Flisowski Stefan
- Urząd Miasta - Naczelnik Skierniewice
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Garnizonowa Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Miejski Ośrodek Kultury
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jakuba Apostoła
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa