How to Reach Dusseldorf
The Easiest Way to Reach Dusseldorf
- By Air: Dusseldorf being a major city in Germany is well connected by all the major airlines. If you’re landing anywhere else in Germany or the bordering countries first, you could land directly at Dusseldorf.
- By Rail: The European Union is known for its intricately connected train system and the country side needs no introduction. Taking a train to Germany would be one of the best travel decisions you could make provided you’re already within the EU. Remember to validate your train ticket before you board the train.
- By Car: Although this option is not very popular, you could also rent a car and drive down to Dusseldorf from the other German cities. Driving between countries is not advised especially if you aren’t an EU citizen.
- By Rail: German trains are known to one and all. The best way to commute within the city would be via the subway, tram or bus. All of the tourist attractions can be easily reached by any of these transportation options and tickets are easily available. Remember to postmark (validate) your ticket before you board the bus, tram or subway. To save the hassle of purchasing a ticket every time you want to travel, buy a day pass or a short trip ticket.
- On Foot: Explore the city on foot. When you get off at a station, the best way to get a feel of the city is by exploring it on foot. Most of the attractions are within close proximity of each other, so make the most of it.
- By Taxi: You could always hail a taxi but taxis are expensive and often unnecessary given the well connected rail system.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Dusseldorf and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Dusseldorf
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Dusseldorf. The most preferred mode of transport in Dusseldorf is Car.
Average distance: 15.45 km Average time: 32.45 min
Car 50%Driving 34.5 min Train 5 min Waiting 2.5 min Walking 2.33 min Other 1.67 min Overall average time for 25.67 kms 46 min
Walking 8.33%Walking 20 min Driving 6 min Overall average time for 2 kms 26 min
Bike 25%Bike 9 min Walking 1.33 min Overall average time for 2.33 kms 10.33 min
Train/Metro 8.33%Train 24 min Overall average time for 7 kms 24 min
- How to reach Cities Near Dusseldorf
- How to reach Klingenberg Am Main
- How to reach Münchhausen Am Christenberg
- How to reach Lohra
- How to reach Betteldorf
- How to reach Bosenbach
- How to reach Hungen
- How to reach Korntal
- How to reach Barchfeld
- How to reach Flughafen
- How to reach Hinzweiler
- How to reach Martinshöhe
- How to reach Dingelstädt
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Roscoe
- How to reach Panorama Village
- How to reach Banneville-la-campagne
- How to reach Ogíjares
- How to reach Las Ventas De Retamosa
- How to reach Méntrida
- How to reach Greer
- How to reach Hawthorn
- How to reach Hickory
- How to reach Blarney