- Address: Konigsallee, 40212 Dusseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Leisure, Shopping Center
What Fifth Avenue is to New York, Konigsallee is to Dusseldorf! Loosely translating to ‘King Avenue’, a shopping spree does in fact imply that you can live life, king size. A landscaped canal as it’s so beautifully coined, Konigsallee, is Dusseldorf’s upscale shopping district with high end and luxury retail shops. Either sides of Dussel canal, the eastern side is where the money is spent and the western side is where the money is made (offices, banks, cafes and restaurants).
Adjacent to the Konigsallee is the Alstadt and Schadowstraße, Germany’s shopping street. Any designer’s work to have ever designed a runway show, featured in magazines and longed for by so many around the world, all have boutiques on the Konigsallee. After a stroll up and down the boulevard, take a detour and hop over to Hofgarten Park.
Spend time at the lavish street of Konigsalee admiring the beautifully landscaped canal and go on a shopping spree at the luxury stores that dot the place using Konigsalee tickets. While there are no tickets for Konigsalee and the Konigsalee ticket prices are really none, it is best to buy tickets for Konigsalee from the tickets section as it would give you a comprehensive tour experience of the city of Dusseldorf. And make sure you strike a hefty bargain while you shop.
Konigsallee Travel Tips
- Since the Konigsallee is a shopping district, the hours of operation vary from shop to shop.
- If you’re not going to buy anything, don’t waste too much time here.
How to Reach Konigsallee
- Steinstraße/Konigsallee (subway and tram station and bus stop)
- Trattoria Poccino (Italian Bistro)
- Vapiano (Italian food served)
- Restaurant Victorian (French food served)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dusseldorf before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dusseldorf and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Dusseldorf include Konigsallee in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
33.46% of people start their Konigsallee visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Konigsallee
69.4% of people prefer walking in order to reach Konigsallee