Are you looking for what to do in Dusseldorf?
PLACES TO SEE
- Alstadt: The Old Town or Alstadt is the historic district of Dusseldorf. Armed with lines of bars and taverns, it’s often referred to as the longest bar of the world. As you go on a binge and walk alone the promenade of the Rhine, take detours and dive into the tourist attractions the Alstadt offers. Don’t rush your visit to the Alstadt; take your time and see as much as you can.
- Rhine Tower (Rheinturm): A notable landmark of Dusseldorf, you can’t miss out on the Rheinturm simply because of its size. A ride to the top of the tallest building in the city is worth it when you see the vistas it offers. In addition to beautiful photos, you can also see the world’s largest digital clock- a sculpture that serves as a clock.
- Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen: Did you know that Dusseldorf has a stunning art scene? It’s an art connoisseur’s dream. The dream however isn’t complete without a visit to the Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen. Spread over three buildings, the variety and number of art works that’s on display are sure to make you appreciate the art of art.
- Konigsallee: If you’re looking for a break from gawking at the museums, take a stroll down Konigsallee and let your jaws continue to hang. Dusseldorf’s premiere shopping districts, the streets are lined with high end designer boutiques and luxury retail shops. Every coveted designer you have and not heard of is featured here on this street.
- Hofgarten Park: As a change of pace, go to the Hofgarten Park and spent some time feeling closer to nature. Dusseldorf’s largest public park with its fountains, sculptures, ponds with ducks and benches that light up at night serves as the ideal way to spend some idle time.
Below we have a list of things to do in Dusseldorf and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Dusseldorf getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Dusseldorf with confidence.