Imperial War Museum71 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Duxford, Cambridge CB22 4QR, UK, United Kingdom Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1223835000
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids
The museum was built in 1917 to record the military and civil war effort and sacrifice of Britain during the First World War. The generic aim here is to provide the understanding of the history of modern war and wartime experience. The archives of personal and official documents, photographs, films, videos, art collection, vehicles and aircraft and lot other artifacts on display will totally amaze you. It is an island of information and the exhibits on display are inspiring too. The Holocaust exhibition is the true picture of the atrocities carried out by Nazi Germany. Everything here is captivating and intriguing. You just cannot afford to miss this wonderful museum which has loads of information piled up for you. Have an interesting session!
More about Duxford
Try the best Duxford trip planner to visit this Imperial War Museum as well as many others.
Hotels like Holiday Inn Express Cambridge, Regency House and Sorrento Hotel & Restaurant will solve your problem of where to stay in Duxford.
Generate executable plans on your own or book the top rated Duxford vacation packages for your visit. Read more on how to reach Duxford.
How to Reach Imperial War Museum
- Bus 132 to stop : Imperial war Museum Hangar 1
- Imperial War Museum Address: Duxford, Cambridge CB22 4QR, UK, United Kingdom
- Imperial War Museum Contact Number: +44-1223835000
- Imperial War Museum Timing: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Duxford include Imperial War Museum in their plan
37.04% of people start their Imperial War Museum visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Imperial War Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Imperial War Museum
People normally club together The Orchard Tea Garden and Kentish Canteen while planning their visit to Imperial War Museum.