Rukshamanee Mandir2 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Rukshamanee Mandir, Okha Highway, 1.5 kilometers from Main Town, Dwarka, Gujarat, 361335, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-7923222523
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
The Rukshamanee Mandir is deducted to Lord Krishna's wife Rukmani who was one of his 16,081 wives. Located on the banks of Bhagirathi River, the temple is designed with traditional motifs and layout. The deity of the temple is that of Goddess Rukmani who is depicted with four arms and hence called “Chaturbhuja”. The arms of the idol hold a conch shell, a Chakra (a circular weapon), a Gada (a blunt weapon with a spherical tip) and a Padma (lotus flower).
The shrine itself is fixed to the ground by a traditional spire and a pavilion that has a spherical dome. The exterior of the temple is decorated by carvings of elephants, human figurines and small ‘mandapas’ and arches that make this temple, not just a religious attraction but also an artistic marvel. There paintings on the wall of the temple date back to the 12th century and are a rare find for curious art lovers.
Rukshamanee Mandir Travel Tips
- Wear modest clothes and remove your footwear before you enter the shrine.
Entrance Ticket Details For Rukshamanee Mandir
- Admission to the place is free of cost.
How to Reach Rukshamanee Mandir
- By hiring a Taxi/ Rickshaw/ Cab.
- By renting a car/ bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dwarka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dwarka and book an accommodation of your choice.