Shree Dwarkadhish Temple46 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Dwarka, Gujarat 361335, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 09:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-2892234080
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Considered to be more than 2000 years old, the Dwarkadhish Temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna and follows the Pushtimarg school that is based of strict guidelines laid down by a renowned devotional philosopher called Vallabhacharya.
It is believed that this temple was built on the grounds of the residence of Lord Krishna by his grandson Vajranabha. Along with Rameswaram, Badrinath and Puri, the temple is part of the famous Char Dham or the four pilgrimages that are considered to be the holiest of all temples in India. The city of Dwarka has become synonymous with Lord Krishna and the temple offers a rare focal point where mythology meets history.
What you see today of the temple is the extension that took place in the 16th century. The temple has 5 stories that are supported by 72 pillars. You can see a flag hoisted on the temple’s spire that stands at a height of 78.3 meters. The flag is changed five times in a day and represents the thought that Lord Krishna will live on to bless his devotees till the earth has the sun and the moon. The construction of temple is done entirely by using limestone that adds to its gorgeous architecture and design. The southern gate of the temple consists of 56 steps that leads to the nearby Gomati river where visitors usually stop by to take a dip (believed to purify one’s body, mind and soul).
Shree Dwarkadhish Temple Travel Tips
- Wear modest clothes and remove your footwear before you enter the temple.
Entrance Ticket Details For Shree Dwarkadhish Temple
- Admission to the place is free of cost.
Shree Dwarkadhish Temple Hours
- 7.00 am Mangla Arti
- 7.00 am to 8.00 am- Mangla Darshan
- 8.00 am to 9.00 am- Abhishek Pooja (Snan vidhi) : Darshan closed
- 9.00 am to 9.30 am - Shringar Darshan
- 9.30 am to 9.45 am - Snanbhog : Darshan closed
- 9.45 am to 10.15 am - Shringar Darshan
- 10.15 am to 10.30 am - Shringarbhog : Darshan closed
- 10.30 am to 10.45 am- Shringar Arti
- 11.05 am to 11.20 am - Gwal Bhog Darshan closed
- 11.20 am to 12.00 pm -Darshan
- 12.00 pm to 12.20 pm - Rajbhog Darshan closed
- 12.20 pm to 12.30 pm - Darshan
- 12.30 pm - Anosar Darshan closed
- 5.00 pm- Uthappan First Darshan
- 5.30 pm to 5.45 pm- Uthappan Bhog Darshan closed
- 5.45 pm to 7.15 pm- Darshan
- 7.15 pm to 7.30 pm - Sandhya Bhog Darshan closed
- 7.30 pm to 7.45 pm - Sandhya Arti
- 8.00 pm to 8.10 pm - Shayanbhog Darshan closed
- 8.10 pm to 8.30 pm - Darshan
- 8.30 pm to 8.35 pm - Shayan Arti
- 8.35 pm to 9.00 pm - Darshan
- 9.00 pm to 9.20 pm - Bantabhog and Shayan Darshan closed
- 9.20 pm to 9.30 pm - Darshan
How to Reach Shree Dwarkadhish Temple
- By Bus: Bus Stand
- Train: Dwarka station
- By hiring a Taxi/ Rickshaw/ Cab
- By renting a car/ bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dwarka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dwarka and book an accommodation of your choice.
Shree Dwarkadhish Temple Reviews & Ratings
Powerful, energetic temple. The main temple has a shrine approx. 71 m high which is the highlight of Dwarkadhish visible from far away. Lord Krishna temple. It is built out of stone including stone carved pillars. Most visited temple, thus, has a lot of crowd. It has many small temples around.
Temple opens early morning. Its better to visit before 10 as it gets hot later. Have a look of temple crossing the bridge located beside temple. Charge -10rs. Its amazing. And the beach! There are camel rides and quad bikes available once you cross the bridge, if you are interested.
Great place to visit. The carvings of the temple is great. The temple is best example of ancient architecture. The statue of lord krishna is so attractive and great. The blessings we take from here is very good and we are filled with positivity.✌
The place is famous for its power and its historical importance. The beautiful carving on sandstone adores the 150ft tall monument. Aesthetically pleasing architecture is well maintained under the surveillance of Archaeological department.
A city setup by lord Lord Krishna i.e 5000 yrs old Town.. where he ruled for many decades.. Famous temple constructed by his grand son from single stone.. City which was earlier completely of Pure Gold (currently under water).. A place to surrender your soul to eternity.... A place to must visit in your life time...