Shree Swaminarayan Mandir6 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Swaminarayan Road, Gomti Road, Dwarka HO, Dwarka-Gujarat - 361335, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-2892234230
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Located close to the Bhadkeshwar Mahadev temple, the Shri Swaminarayan Mandir is dedicated to Swami Narayan. The temple’s architecture grabs your attention right away- notice the intricate but grand carvings, the multiple ‘shikhars’ or temple tops that bear flags and the sheer detailed art that covers every inch of the construction.
The main shrine is home to the idol of Swami Narayan who is believed to be the reincarnation of Lord Vishnu. The temple’s ambiance is tranquil and a visit here is sure to help you relax after a long day of sightseeing. The surrounding gardens add to the calmness of the place and even though the temple is only a small pit-stop in the city, it is still perfect to explore the religious side of Dwarka.
Shree Swaminarayan Mandir Travel Tips
- It is customary to remove one’s footwear before entering the temple.
- Do wear modest clothes for the visit.
Entrance Ticket Details For Shree Swaminarayan Mandir
- Admission to the place is free of cost.
How to Reach Shree Swaminarayan Mandir
- By Bus: Dwarka Bus Station
- By Train: Dwarka Station (3.6 kilometres away)
- By hiring a Taxi/ Rickshaw/ Cab.
- By renting a car/ bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dwarka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dwarka and book an accommodation of your choice.