Arniston HouseCurrently Closed
- Address: Arniston House, Gorebridge EH23 4RY, United Kingdom, Edinburgh
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 6 GBP
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Located in Midlothian, Edinburgh, the Arniston House has special historical significance. It was originally inhabited by the Knights Templar and then the Knight's of Saint John. It has four floors with traditional sloping roof.
A huge lawn full of lush green grass is situated at the front of the house with mountain ranges far off. The house is a famous tourist destination in Scotland where Guides are hired for having a good look at it. One can make a tour in Tuesdays, Wednesdays and the Sundays, the remaining days being engaged in maintenance work.
The building shows the traits of Georgian style of architecture which flourished during the 17th and 18th century in Europe. For the tourists special holiday cottages are available inside the House premises. Other principle rooms on the tour include John Adam’s Dining Room and Drawing Room inside the House. The oldest room in the house is the majestic Oak Room where hanged the portraits of past generations of the family. The house boasts two Library’s from different eras and one with a secret door. Visitors are encouraged to walk in the spacious grounds in front of the house. There are famous parks like the Sunken Garden for the public.
- Entry is by guided tour only.
- There is no need to book. Tours take around 1 ½ hrs.
- The grounds are open from 12:00pm to 5:00pm on open days.
- The gardens surrounding the property are exceptionally beautiful and one can spend a lot of time there.
- Adults : £6.00, Concessions (60yrs+) : £5.00, Child : £3.00; Under5 yrs : Free.
- May and June: Tuesday and Wednesday with tours leaving at 2:00 pm and 3:30 pm.
- July to 13th September: Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday with tours leaving at 2:00 pm and 3:30 pm.
- Arniston House
- Leven's : Thai
- La Piazza : Italian
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Edinburgh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Edinburgh and book an accommodation of your choice.
24.63% of people who visit Edinburgh include Arniston House in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
45.26% of people start their Arniston House visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Arniston House
91.57% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Arniston House