Ben Nevis Distillery200 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Lochy Bridge - Fort William - PH33 6T J, United Kingdom
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1397702476
- Fax: +44-01397702768
- Ticket Price: 5 GBP
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Food And Drinks, Retail, Food And Beverage, Landmarks
The Ben Nevis Distillery is popular for distilling the Ben Nevis 10 years old and Ben Nevis 21 years old whiskey. Founded in 1825 by “Long John McDonald” who is the descendent of a ruler of western Scottish kingdom of Argyll, the distillery is located at the foot of the majestic Ben Nevis mountain. The distillery was combined with another neighbouring distillery in the early 20th century- which was later acquired by in 1989 by Nikka- a Japanese company.
Today, whiskey lovers come here to taste the 10 and 21 year aged drink along with some limited additions and cask finishes. The place has a visitor centre along with a café where you can grab a bite with a pour of your favourite drink. The grounds are spacious with views of the Ben Nevis. The tours are a highlight of the place and include a complimentary tasting. The audio-visual presentation at the visitor place is gets you familiar with the history of the distillery along with its operation. Don’t forget to have a meal at the restaurant and to shop for a bottle or so of your favoured sip along before you leave the distillery.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ben Nevis Distillery
- Adult: GBP 5.00
- Children (Under 18): GBP 2.50
- Groups of 15+ people: GBP 4.50
- Voucher Discount: GBP 5.00 per 70cl bottle carrying age statement, for those who have toured Ben Nevis Distillery.
- Failte Tour: GBP 5.00 per person
- Tasting Tour: GBP 18.00 per person (3 Ben Nevis Malt Whiskies)
- Executive Tour: GBP 30.00 per person (Reserved min. 24hrs in advance)
How to Reach Ben Nevis Distillery
- By Bus: At Glenmhor Terrace
- By walking
- By Taxi
- By hiring a Car.
- By renting a Bike/ Cycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fort William before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fort William and book an accommodation of your choice.