Horror and humour have always gone well together, and the Edinburgh Dungeon exploits that to it’s fullest. Gallows, cannibals, mirror rooms… this is a horror house that wants you experice the chills without getting bogged down in a B-Grade plot. The actors are all terrific, and portray villains out of Scotland’s history. For a short experience, it packs quite the punch. We won’t spoil what awaits you here, but it is totally worth it. Make sure you come as a group though, this is not something you want to ejoy alone. The shop offers some neat souvenirs.
Edinburgh Dungeon Travel Tips
- Wheelchair access is available, but you’ll have to bring your own, and no more than one wheelchair is allowed at a time.
- Come as a group- whether for birthdays, stag/hen nights or school tours.
- Not recommended for the fain of heart and the claustrophobic or the pregnant.
- You are not allowed to take photographs. Photo’s must be commissioned from the management at GBP 8 each.
- Book the tickets online if you want a reduced price.
Edinburgh Dungeon Hours
- Closed on Occasion.
How to Reach Edinburgh Dungeon
- Market St
- The Doric
- Harry Ramsden's
- Malt Shovel Inn
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Edinburgh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Edinburgh and book an accommodation of your choice.
29.34% of people who visit Edinburgh include Edinburgh Dungeon in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
74.14% of people start their Edinburgh Dungeon visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Edinburgh Dungeon
81.47% of people prefer walking in order to reach Edinburgh Dungeon