Events and Festivals in Edinburgh
Throughout the year, Edinburgh hosts twelve world famous festivals, starting from early August each year. People from all around the world come together in celebration of the arts and culture.
- International Festival: During the summer month of August, enjoy the International Festival that lasts three weeks. It is a festival that celebrates performing arts, music, international opera, dance, theater, and workshops. World class performers are invited by the Festival Director to take part in this unforgettable festival, celebrating the arts.
- Christmas and Hogmanay celebrations: During winter, the biggest holiday celebration in Edinburgh takes place. Christmas activities take place in the Princes Street Gardens. Also, for three days (December 30ththrough January 1st), people from all over the world gather for fun and games. Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Concert in the Gardens, located underneath the castle, offers music and fireworks for people to enjoy while ringing in the new year.
- Ceilidh Culture: During spring, Edinburgh presents Ceilidh Culture, a celebration of traditional music and dancing entertainment. The event showcases talent from both its country’s people and international performers and also presents anything from traditional music to late night concerts.
Trip plans for Edinburgh
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Edinburgh
Edinburgh Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Edinburgh
Save 7%Skip-the-Line Edinburgh Castle Walking Tour78 Reviews
Duration: 1 Hrs 30 Mins
Edinburgh Castle dominates one of the worlds most heroic and bloody national histories. Set on a dead volcano, the castle is ...
Save 4%Edinburgh Historical Walking Tour Including Skip the Line Entry to Edinburgh Castle262 Reviews
Duration: 2 Hrs 15 Mins
Pack in history, mystery and local flavor on this 2-hour walking tour of Edinburghs Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle. Follow a...
Save 7%Full-Day Trip to Loch Ness and the Scottish Highlands228 Reviews
Duration: 12 Hrs
Go on a fantastic tour from Edinburgh to explore the legendary myths of Loch Ness and enjoy the diverse range of Scottish Hig...
Save 3%Royal Edinburgh Ticket with Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Edinburgh Castle Admission414 Reviews
Duration: 2 Days
Explore Edinburgh with a hop-on hop-off bus tour ticket, and see the city's royal sights at your own pace. An easy and conven...
- Events & Festivals in Burntisland
- Events & Festivals in Penicuik
- Events & Festivals in Rosyth
- Events & Festivals in Winchburgh
- Events & Festivals in Linlithgow
- Events & Festivals in Kinross