The Scott Monument7530 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Princes St, Edinburgh EH2 2EJ, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: 44-1315294068
- Ticket Price: 4 GBP
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Monument
This Victorian-Goth monument to Sir Walter Scott is the larget of it’s kind in the world to be dedicated to an author. Sixty one metres high, intricate and drand, and intricately beautiful, the monument can be climbed for a beautiful panorama of Edinburgh. The stair way of 287 steps is quite narrow and twisty. You can wander around the monument looking for your favorite Scott characters among the statuary and masonry.
Do visit UK Itinerary 2 Weeks
The Scott Monument Travel Tips
- Get to the top a few minutes before 1:00 to see them fire the One O’Clock Gun at the Edinburgh Castle.
- Bring a jacket as it’s very windy at the top.
- There might be mildew on the monument, so climbing up could be grimy experience.
- The staircase is so narrow tat it’s a very tight squeeze if you meet someone going the other way.
- The Gothic style in which the monument has been erected is truly breathtaking in its beauty.
The Scott Monument Hours
- Closed On occasion.
How to Reach The Scott Monument
- Princes St
- Harry Ramsden's
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Edinburgh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Edinburgh and book an accommodation of your choice.
63.92% of people who visit Edinburgh include The Scott Monument in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
59.8% of people start their The Scott Monument visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see The Scott Monument
67.86% of people prefer walking in order to reach The Scott Monument