- Address: Karaagac, Edirne, Turkey
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Educational Site, Food And Drinks, Street Market, Family And Kids, Adventure, Town, Street Food, Neighborhoods , Nature
Karaagac - Review
A quaint town, Karaagac has an important history, not least of which is that the Treaty of Lausanne was signed here. Just 4km southwest of Edirne, the city has pretty streets, lovely boulevards and parks. It’s an extremely charming place, and you should make it a point just to walk around. Some of the attractions and highlights you’ll find here are:
- Two ottoman bridges: one spanning the Tundzha that connect to downtown at the end of Maarif Caddesi; the other, only 250 metres away, spanning the Maritsa.
- A mile and half long road connecting Maritsa Bridge with Karaagac.
- Sogutluk park forest – a picnic favourite.
- The old train station.
- The Lausanne Monument, and the free open air sculpture museum in the pinewoods nearby.
How To reach Karaagac by Public Transport
- Drive here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Edirne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Edirne and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Karaagac
95% of people who visit Edirne include Karaagac in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
44.19% of people start their Karaagac visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Karaagac
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Karaagac