Macedonian TowerCurrently Open
- Address: Uc Serefeli, Edirne, Turkey Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Observatory, Educational Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
There are two reasons this tower could have been named such. One, that it looks over the general direction where Macedonia used to be. Two, Macedonia used to once extend all the way to Edirne. The tower is one of the four great ramparts of a castle built in Edirne during Roman times. Today, you can get into the tower, but you can’t climb to the top. The upper part of the tower was demolished in in 1953 when it was suspected there was danger it might collapse. Currently, it is undergoing restorations. Once complete, an archaeological museum will open here, containing artefacts found in the tower itself. Currently, the tower and its grounds have been designated as a City Archaeology Park.
If you’re having a hard time finding the tower, it’s because it’s located in a back alley – from the tops of other buildings see if you can spot a tower of red brick with a flag on it.
How to Reach Macedonian Tower
- Drive or walk here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Edirne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Edirne and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Macedonian Tower Address: Uc Serefeli, Edirne, Turkey
- Macedonian Tower Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Macedonian Tower(preferred time): 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Macedonian Tower: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Edirne include Macedonian Tower in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
50% of people start their Macedonian Tower visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Macedonian Tower
63.41% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Macedonian Tower
People normally club together Selimiye Mosque and Saraclar Caddesi while planning their visit to Macedonian Tower.