Are you looking for what to do in Edirne?
PLACES TO SEE
- Selimiye Mosque: The most important tourist attraction of the city, Selimiye Mosque dominates the skyline of Edirne. It was designed and built in 1575 by Mimar Sinan, the master architect if Turkey.
- Old Mosque: The oldest and smallest of three imperial mosques located in the city’s downtown.
- Uc Serefeli Mosque: With four charming Minarets, each with different design, this mosque is easily recognizable.
- Macedonian Tower: The tower of city walls, watching towards the direction of Macedonia.
- Sukru Pasha Memorial and Balkan Wars Museum: Exhibits from the Balcak wars and a monument dedicated to Rustu Pasha.
- Grand Synagogue of Edirne: An abandoned Synagogue, which was restored and opened again in 2015.
- Edirne Palace: Also known as Edirne Sarayi or imperial palace, it was the royal residence of the Sultans of Ottoman Empire.
Below we have a list of things to do in Edirne and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Edirne getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Edirne with confidence.