Three Balconies Mosque281 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Sabuni Mh., Edirne Merkez Ogretmenevi, Edirne, Turkey
- Timings: 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +90-2842120922
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Observatory, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
This is the third of the three imperial mosques in the city centre. You best cover them all together. When first built, it was distinct for having the largest dome of any Ottoman building. The highlights are:
- Two blue-turquoise tile panels in the tympana of the windows.
- Chinese floral borders.
- A prettily painted central dome.
- The fountain in the gorgeous courtyard.
- The minaret with stylistic twists in its body.
- The minaret with three balconies, which has 273 steps to the top and is 76 metres high. Find out if you can climb these.
- Ahmed Pasha’s beautiful gravestone.
It is not clear who the architect of this mosque was.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Edirne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Edirne and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Edirne include Three Balconies Mosque in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
88% of people start their Three Balconies Mosque visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Three Balconies Mosque
70% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Three Balconies Mosque