The most popular festivals in Edmonton take place over the summer, which is the peak tourist season as well as time when the locals enjoy the outdoors.
- Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival (August): The oldest and largest fringe theatre festival in North America, Edmonton Fringe has been around for over 3 decades and showcases the best in international and local performances.
- Works Art & Design Festival (June/July): A thirteen-day visual arts festival that features exhibits from local and international artists.
- Edmonton Folk Music Festival (August): A four-day outdoor musical extravaganza which covers multiple genres from blues to Celtic and gospel.
- Edmonton Heritage Festival (August): Held in William Hawrelak Park, the festival celebrates Edmonton’s diverse culture over three days with fun, music, food and entertainment.
- A Taste of Edmonton (July): One of the most popular food festivals in the city, it promises to tantalize your taste buds with the many options of global cuisine.