Francis Winspear Centre From MusicCurrently Closed
- Address: 4 Sir Winston Churchill Square Nw, Edmonton, AB T5J 4X8, Canada
- Timings: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7804281414
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Entertainment, Performance
Francis Winspear Centre From Music - Review
The home of Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, the Francis Winspear Centre for Music is a world-class concert hall. The venue is known for its fantastic acoustics and perfectly planned seating that allows guests uninterrupted views of the stage. The performances here are eclectic and suitable for adults and families. The theatre is modern with an old world charm. For those in the know, another highlight apart from the performances is the Davis Concert Organ that was installed in the Winspear Centre in 2002.
Francis Winspear Centre From Music Information
- Consider parking for free along the route of the light rail transit (LRT) which is connected by tunnel to the Winspear Centre.
- Nearly every level of the Winspear Centre is able to accommodate patrons with wheelchairs, kindly inform at the time of purchasing tickets.
- The Concierge can provide an assistive listening device if you require one.
- Although there is no dress code, business casuals are recommended.
- Latecomers will not be seated until a suitable break in the performance.
- Plan to arrive at least a half an hour prior to your concert’s scheduled start time.
How To reach Francis Winspear Centre From Music by Public Transport
- Ets Bus Routes: 1, 2, 14, 16, 52, 88, 100, 109, 140, 160, 161, 162, 180, 197, 201, 211, 308, 309, 764, 830
- Light Rail Transit: Churchill Station
Restaurants Near Francis Winspear Centre From Music
- Pazzo Pazzo Italian Cuisine
- Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Edmonton before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Edmonton and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Francis Winspear Centre From Music
53.21% of people who visit Edmonton include Francis Winspear Centre From Music in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
66.52% of people start their Francis Winspear Centre From Music visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Francis Winspear Centre From Music
94.12% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Francis Winspear Centre From Music
Francis Winspear Centre From Music Trips
Francis Winspear Centre From Music, Edmonton Reviews
I have seen a lot of concerts here and it has always been great. Staff are friendly and helpful. The venue itself is excellent, all of the seats have a good view and sound, it's in a location where it is easy to park and/or take transit, and there are several good places to eat within walking distance. Definitely one of my favorite places to see a musical performance.
This is a wonderful place that really supports the arts. I have been to many concerts by the ESO here and have never been disappointed. I always come away feeling inspired and like it was money well spent. The Winspear center has beautiful acoustics and a great atmosphere. Some seats are better than others though. I usually like to sit a little higher up and to the right but that's personal preference!
Went to see the Lord of the Rings Orchestra and was blown away. Phenomenal. The Orchestra, conductor and vocalists were outstanding. The theatre is spacious and easy to navigate as well which made the experience even better. Very affordable ticket as well.
Went to experience Late Night Soundscapes with conductor Alexander Prior. My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time. It was the kind of event where you didn't really seem out of place whether you were dressing up or dressing down. The music was wonderful and it was great to be able to hear from composers around our age (albeit Bach has been long dead and two of the three contemporary composers are actually younger than us). Would definitely recommend. The Winspear is a beautiful building and the sound has been amazing each time I've been.
Great facility, accousitcs are excellent if you are the main seating area (probabaly not as good right at the front) friendly staff and parking across the street is reasonable after 18:00.