Francis Winspear Centre From Music, Edmonton
Francis Winspear Centre From Music, Edmonton - Address, Phone Number
Address: 4 Sir Winston Churchill Square Nw, Edmonton, AB T5J 4X8, Canada
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
Added 2.8K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Entertainment, Performance
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Francis Winspear Centre From Music, Edmonton
The home of Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, the Francis Winspear Centre for Music is a world-class concert hall. The venue is known for its fantastic acoustics and perfectly planned seating that allows guests uninterrupted views of the stage. The performances here are eclectic and suitable for adults and families. The theatre is modern with an old world charm. For those in the know, another highlight apart from the performances is the Davis Concert Organ that was installed in the Winspear Centre in 2002.
Francis Winspear Centre From Music Information
- Consider parking for free along the route of the light rail transit (LRT) which is connected by tunnel to the Winspear Centre.
- Nearly every level of the Winspear Centre is able to accommodate patrons with wheelchairs, kindly inform at the time of purchasing tickets.
- The Concierge can provide an assistive listening device if you require one.
- Although there is no dress code, business casuals are recommended.
- Latecomers will not be seated until a suitable break in the performance.
- Plan to arrive at least a half an hour prior to your concert’s scheduled start time.
How To reach Francis Winspear Centre From Music by Public Transport
- Ets Bus Routes: 1, 2, 14, 16, 52, 88, 100, 109, 140, 160, 161, 162, 180, 197, 201, 211, 308, 309, 764, 830
- Light Rail Transit: Churchill Station
Restaurants Near Francis Winspear Centre From Music
- Pazzo Pazzo Italian Cuisine
- Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Edmonton before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Edmonton and book an accommodation of your choice.
Francis Winspear Centre From Music, Edmonton Reviews - Write a Review
Every event I have attended has always been a memorable experience. We try to attend as many concerts (ESO and Bands) as the acoustics are amazing! And the size of the venue is just right so you aren't too far away but always feel involved. Latest concert we attended was Alt-J. What a great time! Winspear staff could do a better job of preventing people from sneaking into the Loge seating though as there were a bunch of people crowding our space as they snuck in upstairs.
We had the pleasure of attending the ESO performance of the “Star Wars” score. It was by all accounts a night to remember! One tip: being symphony novices we chose seats in the third row. Although we had a close-up view of the action, I think sitting a little farther back would have been helpful to get a better gestalt appreciation of the performance. The acoustics are apparently excellent no matter where your seats are!
Beautiful inside. Bonus points for serving rum and eggnog! Definitely look forward to next visit.
Great place to see a show. Not a bad seat in the theatre. Very intimate setting.
Best sound of any concert hall in North America. Not a bad seat in the place. Amazing pipe organ. Home of the amazing ESO orchestra.