How to Reach Edmonton
- By Air: Edmonton International Airport services the city and is located 30 minutes from downtown. There are flights to Edmonton from major cities in the United States, Europe, Asia and the Caribbean.
- By Rail: VIA Rail operates passenger train services to Edmonton from major cities in Canada including Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal.
- By Road: Edmonton is connected to several Canadian cities by road with travel time ranging from 5 hours to 12 hours by car. Greyhound buses operate from all major cities in Canada. Red Arrow Motorcoach runs premium bus services throughout Alberta.
- By Bus: City buses cover the entire city and are easy to use. Buses depart every 30 minutes between stops and are operational from 5.30am to 1.30am daily.
- By Rail: The Light Rail Transit system trains run from Clareview Station, in the northeast section of the city, to the Century Park Station. The trains generally operate every 6 minutes and daily passes as well as single ride passes are available.
- By Car: Car rentals and Edmonton maps are easily available a good way to explore the city and surrounds. Metered parking and public parking lots are located throughout the city.
- By Bike: Edmonton is an ideal place for biking as the city has an excellent bike route network. Maps of the cities bike routes as well as several bike rental companies can be found throughout the city.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Edmonton. The most preferred mode of transport in Edmonton is Car.
Average distance: 18.69 km Average time: 29.94 min
Car 70.19%Driving 27.29 min Walking 0.51 min Overall average time for 22.9 kms 27.79 min
Bus/Trolleybus 8.65%Bus 30.78 min Waiting 5.11 min Walking 3.33 min Bike 1.56 min Driving 1.56 min Other 0.89 min Overall average time for 12.14 kms 43.22 min
Train/Metro 3.85%Train 19.75 min Walking 7.5 min Bus 7.25 min Waiting 6.5 min Other 1.25 min Overall average time for 14.25 kms 42.25 min
Walking 11.54%Walking 24.17 min Bike 1.25 min Driving 1.25 min Train 0.67 min Waiting 0.42 min Bus 0.17 min Overall average time for 3.08 kms 27.92 min
Bike 3.85%Bike 29.25 min Overall average time for 9.03 kms 29.25 min