How to Reach Edmonton, Canada
The Easiest Way to Reach Edmonton
- By Air: Edmonton International Airport services the city and is located 30 minutes from downtown. There are flights to Edmonton from major cities in the United States, Europe, Asia and the Caribbean.
- By Rail: VIA Rail operates passenger train services to Edmonton from major cities in Canada including Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal.
- By Road: Edmonton is connected to several Canadian cities by road with travel time ranging from 5 hours to 12 hours by car. Greyhound buses operate from all major cities in Canada. Red Arrow Motorcoach runs premium bus services throughout Alberta.
- By Bus: City buses cover the entire city and are easy to use. Buses depart every 30 minutes between stops and are operational from 5.30am to 1.30am daily.
- By Rail: The Light Rail Transit system trains run from Clareview Station, in the northeast section of the city, to the Century Park Station. The trains generally operate every 6 minutes and daily passes as well as single ride passes are available.
- By Car: Car rentals and Edmonton maps are easily available a good way to explore the city and surrounds. Metered parking and public parking lots are located throughout the city.
- By Bike: Edmonton is an ideal place for biking as the city has an excellent bike route network. Maps of the cities bike routes as well as several bike rental companies can be found throughout the city.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Edmonton and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Edmonton
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Edmonton. The most preferred mode of transport in Edmonton is Car.
Average distance: 19.27 km Average time: 34.79 min
Car 64.15%Driving 28.41 min Walking 0.82 min Overall average time for 24.79 kms 29.24 min
Bike 7.55%Bike 29.25 min Overall average time for 9.03 kms 29.25 min
Train/Metro 1.89%Train 20 min Waiting 15 min Bus 10 min Walking 5 min Other 5 min Overall average time for 7 kms 55 min
Walking 15.09%Walking 41.63 min Driving 4.63 min Bike 1.88 min Train 1 min Overall average time for 6.65 kms 49.13 min
Bus/Trolleybus 7.55%Bus 29.25 min Waiting 7.5 min Walking 5.5 min Bike 3.5 min Driving 3.5 min Other 2 min Overall average time for 12.25 kms 51.25 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Edmonton
- How to reach Nisku
- How to reach Bashaw
- How to reach Rochon Sands
- How to reach Sylvan Lake
- How to reach Stettler
- How to reach Big Valley
- How to reach Drumheller
- How to reach Millet
- How to reach Mulhurst
- How to Reach Top Cities in Canada
- How to reach Montreal
- How to reach Toronto
- How to reach Vancouver
- How to reach Ottawa
- How to reach Niagara Falls
- How to reach Windsor
- How to reach Bristol Mines
- How to reach Harriston
- How to reach Miniota
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Veldegem
- How to reach Siccieu-saint-julien-et-carisieu
- How to reach Los Cortijillos