A bustling place in the Old Strathcona neighborhood, Whyte Avenue is hub of activity at all times of the day. The street oozes small town charm in the heart of the city. There are numerous quaint shops, fun bars and some of the cities best restaurants. It is a perfect place to visit whether you want to shop or just grab a drink and hangout with friends. Browse to the stores or sample some great food, a few hours here on your trip to Edmonton are a must. During the moth of August the area comes alive for the Fringe Festival. The vibe is relaxed and fun with something on offer for everyone.
Whyte Avenue Travel Tips
- If you plan to stay out late in the evening it is advisable not to walk the streets and ensure you arrange your transportation in advance.
- It is recommended to take a taxi if you plan to go bar hopping or explore the area at night.
- The farmer’s market held here on Sundays is not to be missed.
- Keep an eye out for interesting stores that are not on the street level.
How to Reach Whyte Avenue
- ETS Bus Routes: 52, 54, 327, 761, 895
- Tilted Kilt
- Packrat Louie
- Julio's Barrio
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Edmonton before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Edmonton and book an accommodation of your choice.
42.88% of people who visit Edmonton include Whyte Avenue in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
45.49% of people start their Whyte Avenue visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Whyte Avenue
92.76% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Whyte Avenue