Eger Castle, Eger
About Eger Castle, Eger
Eger Castle, Eger - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Eger, Vár 1, 3300 Hungary
Ticket Price: 1400 HUF
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 1.7K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Art Museum, Art Gallery, Museum, View Point, Castle, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A structure that is reminiscence of Mongal invasion in the 13th century, the castle that stands today is a modern reconstruction. Although, the foundations of the 12th century St. John’s Cathedral are still visible on the eastern side of the complex.
The Istavn Dobo Museum housed in former Bishop’s Palace which dates back to late 15th century explains the history of this magnificent castle. There are many models and drawings worth observing. The Eger Art Gallery displays works of Canaletto and Ceruti. Walk down the Istvan Dobo Museum, the iconic statue of Dobo stands proudly. The terrace of renovated Dobo Bastion constructed in sixteen century collapsed in 1976 but was rebuilt and offers panoramic views of Eger.
Visit the Panoptikum, enjoy a 3D film or just wander in the premises of Eger castle; you will have a good time for sure!
Eger Castle Information
- Guided tours are available.
- There are periodic exhibition happening inside the castle worth a visit
Eger Castle Ticket Prices
- The ticket price includes the entry to the museum.
- The ticket for castle grounds 800 HUF.
- Children have discounted entry.
Eger Castle Opening and Closing Hours
- The given timings are for castle grounds for May, June, July and August.
- Closing time for castle ground in April and September is 7 pm; closing time for castle ground in March and October is 6 pm; closing time for castle ground in November, December, January and February is 5 pm.
- The exhibits are open from 10 am to 5 pm in May to October and 10 am to 4 pm in November to April.
- Exhibits are closed on Monday.
How To reach Eger Castle by Public Transport
- Buses 11, 12, 14
Restaurants Near Eger Castle
- Macok Bisztro es Borbar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Eger before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Eger and book an accommodation of your choice.
Eger Castle, Eger Reviews - Write a Review
A really lovely place where to go with the family. So much to do and such an amazing view. The kids enjoyed climbing on the cannons
A beautiful historical town must be seen. Great for spa days and only 1.5 hours from Budapest. Great value tasty food no matter where you go.
Highly informative , unfortunately no English speaking guide. The village is well kept. Still being recommended to visit would expect public information in English. People were very helpful
Cool place to visit from Budapest. Old laid back town vibe. Castle is very beautiful.. lots of history
Great place which is full of history. Make sure you have a good 3-4 hours to go around and check the various exhibitions.
- Nearby Attractions
- Imola Restaurant
- Hotel Korona
- Servite Church
- Egri Baptista Gyulekezet
- Lajosvarosi Templom
- Szent Rozalia Templom
- Golgota Kereszteny Gyulekezet
- Saint Bernat Church - Roman Catholic Church
- Jezus Szive Plebania
- Town Under The Town
- Eger Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Eger
- What to See in 48 Hours in Eger
- What to See in 72 Hours in Eger
- How to Spend 5 Days in Eger
- How to Spend 6 Days in Eger
- How to Spend 7 Days in Eger