How to Reach Eger, Hungary
The Easiest Way to Reach Eger
- By Train: There are direct trains to Eger leaving from Budapest but they are at odd hours. You can also reach Eger by changing the train at the Fuzesabony station. There are frequent trains from Fuzesabony to Eger. Also, if travelling from Miskolc, you have to change the trains at the Fuzesabony. Hungarian trains are comfortable and high-speed facilitating quick journey.
- By Bus: All the major Hungarian cities have direct bus service to Eger.
- By Car: The drive to Eger is scenic and the journey is enjoyable.
- On Foot: The town itself is relatively small and the most important sights are all placed in and around the city centre. Take a pleasant walk through the well preserved Baroque downtown. Because of its stone-paved streets it would be good to avoid wearing high heels.
- On Bicycle: Eger seems to be very friendly to cyclists. There are several places where you can hire a bike, sometimes even in hotels. Eger has two 15 miles long cycling routes that run through the town and out of it. Prepare yourself for some elevation and take a ride through beautiful landscapes.
- By Car: The town is fairly easy to get around on foot. Therefore, you might not need a car in Eger, especially for a short stay. However, there are several car rental services if you decide to choose car instead of train or bus for sightseeing some distant sights.
- By Bus: Local bus network will save your time in getting from one place to another. If you arrive by bus, you will get directly to the downtown, since the main bus station is located there. Check the bus timetables for trips out of town.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Eger and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Eger
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Eger. The most preferred mode of transport in Eger is Bike.
Average distance: 4 km Average time: 20 min
Bike 100%Bike 20 min Overall average time for 4 kms 20 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Eger
- How to reach Debrecen
- How to reach Budapest
- How to reach Szeged
- How to reach Siofok
- How to reach Gyor
- How to reach Kaposvar
- How to reach Pecs
- How to reach Nagyhegyes
- How to reach Jászladány
- How to Reach Top Cities in Hungary
- How to reach Sopron
- How to reach Szombathely
- How to reach Vonyarcvashegy
- How to reach Bodrogkisfalud
- How to reach Érsekvadkert
- How to reach Kispest
- How to reach Mór
- How to reach Pétfürdő
- How to reach Pilis
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Bunkeflostrand
- How to reach Sermoneta Scalo
- How to reach Law