Lyceum And Magic TowerCurrently Closed
- Address: Eszterhazy ter 1, Eger, Hungary
- Timings: 09:30 am - 03:30 pm Details
- Phone: +36-36325211
- Ticket Price: 800 HUF
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Tower
Lyceum And Magic Tower - Review
Recently renovated, the Lyceum stands right opposite the Eger basilica and the original construction dates back to 18th century. A huge building, various floors are used for several different operations.
- 1st floor of South wing: library with 60,000 books including priceless manuscripts and codices.
- 6th floor of east wing: 18th century astronomical equipment, an observatory and a planetarium.
- 9th floor: Magic tower or Varász Torony- an observation deck with a camera.
- The trompe l’oeil ceiling fresco depicting the Counter-Reformation’s Council of Trent.
Lyceum And Magic Tower Information
- Periodic shows are held at the planetarium.
Lyceum And Magic Tower Ticket Prices
- Student: 500 HUF
How To reach Lyceum And Magic Tower by Public Transport
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Eger before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Eger and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Lyceum And Magic Tower
90.81% of people who visit Eger include Lyceum And Magic Tower in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
39.62% of people start their Lyceum And Magic Tower visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Lyceum And Magic Tower
92.16% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lyceum And Magic Tower
Lyceum And Magic Tower Trips
Lyceum And Magic Tower, Eger Reviews
the stuff is not aware about basic stuff. they informed us that everything is open. when we got up it turned out that some parts can't be visited to due limited stuff. it is interesting place, nice view from the rooft, but there is some space for improvment for the stuff working there. also they don't accept card. would be nice if they would+ hungarian szep kartya
The receptionist is really rude, the museum closes 13:30.
Cool camera obscura Nice view from the terrace
Good experience and view of the city