The Basilica Or Egri Bazilika293 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Eger, Pyrker János tér 1, 3300 Hungary
- Timings: 08:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +36- 36420970
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Built on the designs in mid-nineteenth century as per ordered by Archbishop Pyrker, this grand structure also has statues which are a creation of famous sculpture Marco Casagrande. The domes of the cathedral are decorated by Frescos painted by artist Istvan Takacs from Eger. The frescos display the folk art of Eger.
The basilica also boasts an organ made by company Moser in Salzburg in the 19th century. Visitors can listen to Organ concerts everyday in the noon time from 15th May to 15th October.
The Eger Basilica is also the burial site of its builder John Pyrker.
The Basilica Or Egri Bazilika Travel Tips
- Donations are appreciated.
- Maintain peace in the religious place.
- Modest dressing is recommended.
The Basilica Or Egri Bazilika Hours
- Timings for mass on weekdays and saturdays 7 am, 8 am and 6:30 pm; On sundays 7 am, 8:30 am, 10 am, 11:30 am and 6:30 pm.
How to Reach The Basilica Or Egri Bazilika
- Boldizsar Cukraszda
- Falank Fanny Etterem es Kavezo
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Eger before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Eger and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Eger include The Basilica Or Egri Bazilika in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
27.78% of people start their The Basilica Or Egri Bazilika visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see The Basilica Or Egri Bazilika
84.75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Basilica Or Egri Bazilika