Are you looking for what to do in Eger?
PLACES TO SEE
- Eger Castle: Enjoy a beautiful view of the town by climbing up to the Eger Castle. The Castle was built in the 13th century after the Mongol invasion.
- Minorite Church: The church is built in 1771 and is considered to be one of the most beautiful Baroque buildings in the world.
- The Basilica: The building of Basilica is a neoclassical monolith, built in 1836. Its interior keeps some valuable paintings and sculptures.
- Minaret: The northernmost Turkish minaret in Europe, built in 17th century. It is 40 meters high and provides a perfect view of the town and surroundings.
- Lyceum: Placed opposite to the Eger Cathedral; Impressive building built in the 18th century keeps huge library with over 20,000 books and hundreds of priceless manuscripts and documents. The building also contains the Astronomy Museum. Climb up to the observation deck, where you can try the Camera Obscura. This device was designed in 1776 for purposes of spying.
WHERE TO DO
- Join organized wine tours– Taste great red wines in beautiful, picturesque surroundings.
- Matyus Udvarhaz: Horseback riding. Take a guide route or gallop on your own, if you are experienced enough.
- Go for the wine tasting tour in the Valley of Beautiful Woman.
- Eger is an excellent place if you are fond of wines. You can buy it directly from wine-growers.
- Agria Park is a large shopping mall where you can find anything you need.
Pubs and Nightlife
- Hippolit Club: Spend a night on a dance floor.
- Broadway Palace Club: Join a party on weekends in a cave-like ambient.
Below we have a list of things to do in Eger and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Eger getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Eger with confidence.