Esterhazy Palace, Eisenstadt
Esterhazy Palace, Eisenstadt - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Esterhazyplatz 5, 7000 Eisenstadt, Austria
Ticket Price: 9 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 6.7K times in trip plans
Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Esterhazy Palace, Eisenstadt
The grandest of monuments in Eisenstadt the Esterhazy Palace is a reminder of the royal lineage of the Esterhazy’s. The palace was built in 1364 and was under the reign of King Louis. It is in 1622 the ownership of the castle came to the Esterhazy Family. Since their possession a lot of renovations and additions were made in the subsequent centuries. They are:
- The Haydnsaal which is the jewel of the palace is named after the musician Joseph Haydn who stayed in the Esterhazy family for 40 years. He composed and performed his musical master pieces in this hall. Even today there are many concerts performed in this hall. Its stucco covered glimmering ceilings are a delight to watch.
- The Empiresaal is a huge banquet hall for dining which remodelled in the 19th century. The chandeliers, the marble floor, the recesses decorated with secco painting all add to the grandiose feel of the place.
- The Palace Chapel is on the ground floor. It has a distinct baroque architecture. It also has an organ besides the altar dating back to the 19th century.
- The palace Park is a beautiful floral garden where everything was properly arranged and designed to evoke the sense of wonder. The park is adorned with flower beds, statues of female gods and beautiful floral fountains.
Esterhazy Palace Information
- Audio guides in English, German, Hungarian and Russian are available.
- Group visits by prior appointments.
Esterhazy Palace Ticket Prices
- For Adults: EUR 9
- Reduced Groups: EUR 7
- For Families: EUR 19
Haydn Explosive (concert)
- For Adults: EUR 7
- Reduced Groups: EUR 5
- For Families: EUR 15
For other events refer website.
How To reach Esterhazy Palace by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus stop: Eisenstadt Esterházystraße, Lines: 566, 669, 1835.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Eisenstadt before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Eisenstadt and book an accommodation of your choice.
Esterhazy Palace Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Eisenstadt
Esterhazy Palace, Eisenstadt Reviews - Write a Review
A wonderful place. Nevertheless the concert hall has no air conditioning and it was horrible hot
Amazing historical building with a magnificent interior, if you're a classical music fan you should visit!
Came here for a wedding, the garden here is tended to well and the palace is also in great condition. Definitely suitable for banquets and weddings.
great palace full of original furniture. large garden with lake... its worth of visit
Big museum, but there was nothing to really interesting for me. It is propably made for people who like medieval era.