Esterhazy PalaceCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Esterhazyplatz 5, 7000 Eisenstadt, Austria
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +432682-63007600
- Ticket Price: 9 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids
Esterhazy Palace - Review
The grandest of monuments in Eisenstadt the Esterhazy Palace is a reminder of the royal lineage of the Esterhazy’s. The palace was built in 1364 and was under the reign of King Louis. It is in 1622 the ownership of the castle came to the Esterhazy Family. Since their possession a lot of renovations and additions were made in the subsequent centuries. They are:
- The Haydnsaal which is the jewel of the palace is named after the musician Joseph Haydn who stayed in the Esterhazy family for 40 years. He composed and performed his musical master pieces in this hall. Even today there are many concerts performed in this hall. Its stucco covered glimmering ceilings are a delight to watch.
- The Empiresaal is a huge banquet hall for dining which remodelled in the 19th century. The chandeliers, the marble floor, the recesses decorated with secco painting all add to the grandiose feel of the place.
- The Palace Chapel is on the ground floor. It has a distinct baroque architecture. It also has an organ besides the altar dating back to the 19th century.
- The palace Park is a beautiful floral garden where everything was properly arranged and designed to evoke the sense of wonder. The park is adorned with flower beds, statues of female gods and beautiful floral fountains.
Esterhazy Palace Information
- Audio guides in English, German, Hungarian and Russian are available.
- Group visits by prior appointments.
Esterhazy Palace Ticket Prices
- For Adults: EUR 9
- Reduced Groups: EUR 7
- For Families: EUR 19
Haydn Explosive (concert)
- For Adults: EUR 7
- Reduced Groups: EUR 5
- For Families: EUR 15
For other events refer website.
How To reach Esterhazy Palace by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus stop: Eisenstadt Esterházystraße, Lines: 566, 669, 1835.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Eisenstadt before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Eisenstadt and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Esterhazy Palace
95% of people who visit Eisenstadt include Esterhazy Palace in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
85.05% of people start their Esterhazy Palace visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Esterhazy Palace
93.28% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Esterhazy Palace
Esterhazy Palace Trips
2 Views48 Days 47 Nights48 Day Trip to United States, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, Ireland from HaileyBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Boston, Lisbon, Barcelona, Lucerne, Rome, Venice, Vienna, Prague, Dublin, Galway
3 Views48 Days 47 Nights48 Day Trip to Italy, Czech Republic, Spain, Austria, Ireland, Portugal, United States, Switzerland from HaileyBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Boston, Lisbon, Barcelona, Lucerne, Rome, Venice, Vienna, Prague, Dublin, Galway
Esterhazy Palace, Eisenstadt Reviews
Castle is okay. Exhibitions are a joke. They make it sound like esterhazy family got to greart wealth by doing good and hard work. 3 centuries of a powerful family and all saints ? I call BS
This is the most boring place I ever visited. Really high temperature and humidity everywhere inside. There are paintings and some poor furnishing only. The guiding is too long, definitely not recommend it!
Wonderful. I have performed here for 6 years. Great for classical music esp if you just adore Joseph Haydn
Neat historical experience, really excellent tour guide. The Haydn museum decorations are a bit strange, but it's a great place to visit nonetheless.
We had a very nice tour, you can see much of the castle(rooms, ...)