Esterhazy Palace927 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Esterhazyplatz 5, 7000 Eisenstadt, Austria
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +432682-63007600
- Ticket Price: 9 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids
The grandest of monuments in Eisenstadt the Esterhazy Palace is a reminder of the royal lineage of the Esterhazy’s. The palace was built in 1364 and was under the reign of King Louis. It is in 1622 the ownership of the castle came to the Esterhazy Family. Since their possession a lot of renovations and additions were made in the subsequent centuries. They are:
- The Haydnsaal which is the jewel of the palace is named after the musician Joseph Haydn who stayed in the Esterhazy family for 40 years. He composed and performed his musical master pieces in this hall. Even today there are many concerts performed in this hall. Its stucco covered glimmering ceilings are a delight to watch.
- The Empiresaal is a huge banquet hall for dining which remodelled in the 19th century. The chandeliers, the marble floor, the recesses decorated with secco painting all add to the grandiose feel of the place.
- The Palace Chapel is on the ground floor. It has a distinct baroque architecture. It also has an organ besides the altar dating back to the 19th century.
- The palace Park is a beautiful floral garden where everything was properly arranged and designed to evoke the sense of wonder. The park is adorned with flower beds, statues of female gods and beautiful floral fountains.
Esterhazy Palace Travel Tips
- Audio guides in English, German, Hungarian and Russian are available.
- Group visits by prior appointments.
Entrance Ticket Details For Esterhazy Palace
- For Adults: EUR 9
- Reduced Groups: EUR 7
- For Families: EUR 19
Haydn Explosive (concert)
- For Adults: EUR 7
- Reduced Groups: EUR 5
- For Families: EUR 15
For other events refer website.
How to Reach Esterhazy Palace
- Nearest Bus stop: Eisenstadt Esterházystraße, Lines: 566, 669, 1835.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Eisenstadt before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Eisenstadt and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Eisenstadt include Esterhazy Palace in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
85.05% of people start their Esterhazy Palace visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Esterhazy Palace
93.28% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Esterhazy Palace
Esterhazy Palace Reviews & Ratings
Love this place. One can simply breathe in some marvellous history and soak in all the beauty of the palace, court and the concert hall. They have some great exhibitions going on from time to time, and a fantastic concert season, really worth paying a visit just to be able to listen to some great players. Across the palace there's a very good restaurant where most of the concert goers will head to afterwards. They serve some delicious local wine and yummy food.
Simply breathtaking this Hungary's largest palace (known also as the little Versailles). Too bad that the majority of rooms cannot be visited (they are under renovation). By the way, take into consideration that the indoor tour is possible only with the local guides. For the outside (for the huge english garden and for the rose garden) it's not mandatory the local guide, you can explore it by your own.
The palace exhibition is smaller than I expected. The only major attraction is the Haydn hall. The old town, the park and other joining entertainments make it complete though. Happy to have info in many languages including Hungarian.
Parking possibility is only in deep garage. 45 minutes rate to pay. Esterházy building is benefiting huge reconstruction, which had been already started with the two towers on top. Still many years ahead, to see it in nice shape.
We had an amazing tour guide who knew pretty much everything about the family's history with a lot of fun facts. It was very enjoyable!