William Wallace Monument80 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Abbey Craig, Hillfoots Rd, Stirling FK9 5LF, UK, Elderslie, United Kingdom
- Phone: +44-1786472140
- Tags: Monument, Family And Kids
The William Wallace Monument or the National Wallace Monument is a tall tower overlooking the Scottish landscape. It commemorates the 13th century Scottish hero, ‘The Guardian Of Scotland’ Si William Wallace and the victorious Battle of Stirling Bridge. This Gothic Revival Architecture dates back to over 145 years and attracts a number of visitors to touch and feel the Scottish History. Various plaques around the ruins of this place are there to tell you about the history. Inside the monument, you will find the famous Wallace Sword (5’4” long). Also in the Hall of Heroes, you will see the busts of the famous Scot heroes namely Sir Walter Scott, James Watt, Robert Bruce and so on.
More about Elderslie
Make your visit suitable to your interest, use Elderslie trip planner for personalization.
Your worry of where to stay in Elderslie is sufficed by bunch of interesting and comfortable lodging options in the Elderslie like The Watermill Hotel, Holiday Inn - Glasgow Airport and Bowfield Hotel & Country Club.
How to Reach William Wallace Monument
- Buses 23, 63, 63A, 63B, 324, 326, MA3 to stop –University Rear Entrance
- Bus X39 to stop –Wallace Monument Turning Circle
- Buses 23, 63A, 324, 326, MA3 to stop –Wallace Monument Car Park
- Buses 23, 62A, 324, MA2 to stop –Logie Lane
- Buses 1, 2A, 19, 20, 23, 47, 54D, 62A, C30, MA1 etc to stop –Easter Cornton Road
- Buses 63, 63A, 63B, 325, C30, MA1 to stop –Wallace Gardens
- Buses 63, 63A, 63B, 325, C30, MA1 to stop -Remploy
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Elderslie before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Elderslie and book an accommodation of your choice.