Preachers CaveCurrently Open
- Address: Jean's Bay, North Eleuthera Bahamas Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Cave, Family And Kids, Nature
Situated on the extreme North end of Eleuthera Island, Preacher’s Cave has both historical and natural appeal for its visitors. This blue-shadowed cave was first discovered in 1647 by William Sayle and a group of Christian they fled from Bermuda in search of religious freedom. They were ship-wrecked off Eleuthera Island and it is in this cave where they took refuge. In fact, this cave was supposed to become their permanent residence. So, they built an altar out of a large boulder to start their first religious service. You can still see the altar right at the far end of the cave. Apart from visiting this beautiful cave, you can walk down to the sandy beach, located near the cave. Here, you can enjoy nice picnic with your family. Else you can also go for swimming in the sea. The water is pleasant enough to enjoy a nice swimming session.
Preachers Cave Travel Tips
- It is advised to visit the place during morning hours.
- Carry a swimsuit if you wish to do swimming in the sea.
Entrance Ticket Details For Preachers Cave
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Preachers Cave
- By car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Eleuthera before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Eleuthera and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Preachers Cave Address: Jean's Bay, North Eleuthera Bahamas
- Preachers Cave Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Preachers Cave(preferred time): 08:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Time required to visit Preachers Cave: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
77.63% of people who visit Eleuthera include Preachers Cave in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
72.37% of people start their Preachers Cave visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Preachers Cave
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Preachers Cave
People normally club together Rebeccas Beach Shop and The Glass Window Bridge while planning their visit to Preachers Cave.