Events and Festivals in Ella, Sri Lanka
Events and Festivals in Ella
- Ella Weekly Town Fair: This fair takes place every Wednesday and gives tourist a chance to soak in some local culture. Colourful processions known as “peraheras” also take place here with the Dova Temple Perehara in May and the Kumbal Perehara in June providing visitors a chance to join Buddhist devotees in witnessing these annual events.
- The Sinhala and Tamil New Year Festival takes place every April. The preparation of special traditional New Year treats and the hosting of a number of fun games and competitions that the entire community takes part in.
- Halpewatte Estate Kovil Ceremony in August, which has great meaning to Hindu devotees in the region.
Trip plans for Ella
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Ella
Events & Festivals in Top Cities in Sri Lanka
- Events & Festivals in Colombo
- Events & Festivals in Trincomalee
- Events & Festivals in Kandy
- Events & Festivals in Hikkaduwa
- Events & Festivals in Bentota
- Events & Festivals in Sigiriya