How to Reach Engelberg, Switzerland
The Easiest Way to Reach Engelberg
- By Air: Engelberg being a resort town has no airport to call its own. What most travellers do is take a flight to Zurich, Basel or Geneva and from these cities, take a train to Engelberg.
- By Train: Train connections from Zurich, leave every half hour. The train stops at Engelberg on its way to Lucerne. The journey takes about two hours. Check the SBB website for exact timings and fares.
- By Car: For all those of you who want to drive down to Engelberg, take the Motorway A2 (Basel-Gotthard) and exit at the Stans-Süd.
- By Bus: Engelberg has a network of local buses that ferry passengers to and from the city’s main stops. All the attractions are well connected. Travel on these local buses is free on charge.
- By Train: Engelberg is served by the Luzern–Stans–Engelberg line, the station being Engelberg Station. This station is mainly used to get in and out on Engelberg; not so much as getting around the city.
- By Cable Cars: Cable Cars are especially popular when visiting Mount Titlis. Apart from Titlis, visitors to Brunni and Fürenalp too are accessible by cable cars.
Are you looking for a Engelberg travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Engelberg
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Engelberg. The most preferred mode of transport in Engelberg is Walking.
Average distance: 4 km Average time: 30 min
Walking 50%Walking 30 min Bike 15 min Overall average time for 5 kms 45 min
Bike 50%Bike 15 min Overall average time for 3 kms 15 min
How to Reach Engelberg from Nearby Cities
|Lucerne to Engelberg||32.32 km||47 mins|
- How to reach Zurich
- How to reach Lucerne
- How to reach Interlaken
- How to reach Bern
- How to reach Vevey
- How to reach Brienz